Drum Labelling

posted on #1
User Avatar Supporter
Hi Dick / Everyone,

I know this has been discussed before in whichever forum, but I've been wandering through the latest uploads and, as is often the case, I'm hitting lots of tracks that have drums on despite the filter for them being active. Whilst I realise that it's not your fault and that it's up to the uploader to indicate it, as a possible solution, would it be possible to have some kind of clear reminder that uploaders should label their tracks as having drums? I'm guessing a lot of the problem is due to new members not fully understanding the system yet.

For 'sequencer' or 'mixer' uploads, could they perhaps have a checkbox that says 'this track contains drums' rather than adding it as a specific instrument? Basically, give an easy shortcut to indicating drums? Another possibility would be to perhaps allow us users to hit a button on existing templates to say 'this track contains drums' which would help 'crowd source' refining the existing uploads? Whilst I'm sure this issue isn't unique to us drummers, it seems it is the most common issue.

I'm just thinking out loud, of course but it would certainly be a big help for us tub thumpers searching out new tunes. Plus we could help refine the search engine whilst we're at it :)

Thanks!
Edited by mpointon on October 08 2018 09:57
If you make a mistake, do it again and make it look like you meant to do it!
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
Pokec from Czech Republic

"In my opinion, wikiloops is one of the best contributions to the real-music world in years."

Please note: As you are visiting wikiloops, any personal data that is being processed is treated in compliance to the European General Data Protection Regulation.
You may review our data privacy policy to learn how and why we are using Cookies and other techniques as we are providing our service to you.