Home »Forum»Hey there...»Hello from South Hertfordshire, UK

Hello from South Hertfordshire, UK

posted on #1
User Avatar Member
Hello everyone,

Another introduction from another new person! I'm a guitar player, albeit not very good nor with any accomplishments to my name musically. I play for fun by myself, but it feels rather lonely most of the time so I wanted to engage with a community, see about making some new friends and expanding my own skills.

I've already spent a few hours browsing through the uploaded tracks, and boy are some of you really talented! Not just in terms of outright playing ability but also creatively.

I live in south hertfordshire, and I have no idea about recording etc. I enjoy a range of music, although I couldn't say I'm an out and out music aficionado! This past couple of weeks I've been listening a lot to the heavy metal band "Trivium", who have grabbed my attention with their powerful, heavy and exciting guitar riffs, thunderous drumming and downright raw vocals. o contrast this, one of my favorite songs is "Take On Me" by A-ha. Make of that what you will, but I stand by that statement!

Cheers,

M
Edited by AStarHero on October 30 2018 10:32
posted on #2
User Avatar Supporter
Welcome aboard!

All music tastes accommodated here and no questions asked! Love a bit of A-Ha myself and I'm a huge fan of their 'Memorial Beach' album.

It takes a a leap of faith to publish yourself on a website like Wikiloops but this is such a supportive and friendly place. I've been playing for over 30 years, been in many, many bands, yet I've rarely enjoyed my music as much as I do contributing here. You just do not get the challenges and variety that pushes you forward playing in regular bands, etc..

As for recording, there's plenty of help here too. Nobody expects you to turn out recordings fit for a Trevor Horn production. Corny though it sounds, it's the taking part that really does matter.
Edited by mpointon on October 30 2018 10:11
If you make a mistake, do it again and make it look like you meant to do it!
posted on #3
User Avatar Supporter
Hi M (or AStarHero),

welcome to the 'loops! I'm new here as well, a member since February only, but man is it fun just to explore, and to start trying to contribute yourself.

As for recording, it's not that difficult. You can start with a good interface and free software like I did, or scroll through the help pages and forum, and ask if you have any questions.

So let's hear something. :)

Cheers,
Wolfgang
posted on #4
Hey, welcome to the Loops! A guitarist and a biker...perfect combination ;)
posted on #5
User Avatar Member
I'm considerably better and more confident at one than the other!
posted on #6
Lol if you spend time here, ask for advice - I assure you you will get better. Just go for it :)
posted on #7
User Avatar Supporter
What kind of motorcycle is it? You'll see mine in TeeGee's forum post over at https://www.wikiloops.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=1837#post_13999
:)
posted on #8
User Avatar Supporter
Welcome to the loops!
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
Dino from The World

"This is an AWESOME resource that we as musicians, regardless of skill level, must nourish and keep alive! "

Please note: As you are visiting wikiloops, any personal data that is being processed is treated in compliance to the European General Data Protection Regulation.
You may review our data privacy policy to learn how and why we are using Cookies and other techniques as we are providing our service to you.