Home »Forum»Open mic at the Blue Iguana »From Wikiloops to sharing the same stage!

From Wikiloops to sharing the same stage!

posted on #1
User Avatar Member
JoshDexter and I met and became friends here on the loops. Even though he lived 4000 miles away, we have kept in touch almost everyday and have done several duets here at the loops. He just recently came to the United States from Northern Ireland on his first visit and stayed with us for a month! In that month we did a lot of traveling. Visited 5 nearby states, went to Elvis' Graceland, visited Johnny Cash's boyhood home, spent a chilly evening on Beale Street in Memphis with lots of blues musicians! We also both got up on a stage, first time for both of us, together and sang a song. While I am so grateful to be able to send files back and forth to be able to collaborate online, there was no feeling like being able to hand the person the microphone and unfold a song together in real time. We were driving down the road listening to Wikiloops tracks, Josh heard one by Glezbass and said "I think this is the one!" and so #151865 came to be. He plans to return again next year and we will do more than one song next time! If you have a chance to host another Wikiloops member and you feel you know them well enough, I highly suggest it! A big thank you to Dick and the Wikiloops crew, for without the dedication to the loops, our friendship wouldn't even exist. Wikiloops brings people together in more ways than one!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2047977121926135&set=pcb.2047978981925949&type=3&theater

[img]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2047977121926135&set=pcb.2047978981925949&type=3&theater[/img]

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2055561717834342&set=pcb.2055562761167571&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2047977285259452&set=pcb.2047978981925949&type=3&theater

Our karaoke video if anyone feels like watching:

https://www.facebook.com/kells.bells.18/videos/2047977318592782/?l=4973827996490722692
Edited by KellsBells on November 26 2018 20:29
posted on #2
User Avatar Supporter
Would love to be able to hear these but don't do "facebook".
You're only as old as you smell
posted on #3
User Avatar Supporter
Very cool you two!! :W
posted on #4
User Avatar Supporter
I watched this unfold on FB. Really awesome story. And you are right, nothing like the real thing. I am surprised neither of you have ever been on stage, both great singers!!
rp3 (Raymond)
posted on #5
User Avatar Member
Wade wrote:

You should be able to see them without having Facebook. :) They're just links. Just click not now if it asks you to sign in and it should take you to the pics and video. ;)
posted on #6
User Avatar Supporter
KellsBells wrote:
Wade wrote:

You should be able to see them without having Facebook. :) They're just links. Just click not now if it asks you to sign in and it should take you to the pics and video. ;)

I quit facebook last year, deleted my profile, never go there anymore, because of Zuck's politics and brainwashing agenda .. BUT the links worked fine and it was cool to see a couple loopers on stage!! :D
posted on #7
User Avatar Supporter
Would be nice to be on the stage. Will take a little adjustment. Used to do this in the day. Ernie agree Facebook is all about political correctness. When Free Speech dies so does the nation. Now back on topic. LOL
posted on #8
User Avatar Supporter
Cooool story ! Thanks for sharing :)
The more you learn, the less you know !
posted on #9
User Avatar Supporter
KellsBells wrote:
Wade wrote:

Not sure how facebook serves countries outside the USA. Is it different? All I can see it offering are two options: 1. Log in, or 2. Create new account. Nothing there about "not now" and doesn't let me see anything except a "still" picture of you and the others. Not trying to be negative, would just like to see/hear you, signing up is not an option.

Wishing you all the best.
You're only as old as you smell
posted on #10
User Avatar Supporter
Wade wrote:
Not sure how facebook serves countries outside the USA. Is it different? All I can see it offering are two options: 1. Log in, or 2. Create new account. Nothing there about "not now" and doesn't let me see anything except a "still" picture of you and the others. Not trying to be negative, would just like to see/hear you, signing up is not an option.

Wishing you all the best.

I don't 'Facebook' either (Wikiloops is the closest I come to 'social media' - I deleted my Facebook account nearly four years ago now) but I could play those videos. Saying that, I often find links to FB that are blocked unless you're registered but it seems to be browser dependent half the time!

@Kells: What a great story. So glad to read of 'real world' things like this happening via Wikiloops.
If you make a mistake, do it again and make it look like you meant to do it!
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
rtkradle from United States

"Wikiloops is an amazing platform to experiment with the styles of music that I never have had the opportunity to vocalize with. Thanks to all the excellent musicians/producers, the sound quality of the tracks are spectacular. "

Please note: As you are visiting wikiloops, any personal data that is being processed is treated in compliance to the European General Data Protection Regulation.
You may review our data privacy policy to learn how and why we are using Cookies and other techniques as we are providing our service to you.