Home »Forum»Feedback and Suggestions»"My Wall" content filter.

"My Wall" content filter.

posted on #1
Dick,

Awesome job on the new profile enhancements as of late. Something that came to mind as I tried viewing recent activity on my wall is that It became less useful and friendly with the more friends I added to my profile.

"My Wall" used to be useful for view feedback and activity on Jams that I was involved in. Now that I have added some friends, very active friends I might add, finding activity on "my jams" are now lost in all the other jams.

It would me nice to have a content filter open at the top of the wall to select just "My Notification" or perhaps a different tab keeping "Friends Activity" separate from "My Wall".

Just a thought.....

~Pako
posted on #2
That would be great. I would prefer a friends activity tab.
Perhaps with a filter option to select just specific styles (metal, rock, etc.) they played, as well. :)
-The computer should be doing the hard work. That's what it's paid to do, after all. - Larry Wall
posted on #3
Supporter
er... yes. I know what you are talking about, of course everyone is most interested in feedback on your own tracks, and it would be bad if theese messages got lost way down because your friends were busy...

We used to have the seperate friends notification built into the "friends" panel, but it was never used much, so I took it to the wall - maybe grouping the friend info into fewer entries would help - then youd have a few messages like "Your friend X shard Y tracks since your last visit" - that would clean things up a little. If I cant get that to work properly, I'll split the wall into "friends activities" and "user related notifications" - not happy about theese terms really, I'll come up with something...

glad you like the new design, its been a whole lot of coding work invested, hope it will make commenting on new stuff a little more convenient.

I finally built in a download counter, so stats on how often a track is downloaded will be available soon. Wiped out the need to "right click save target as" with this move, too.

last: If you want to set style filters of friends notifications, you would need to answer a whole lot of questions any time you add a friend (I see a whole lot of checkboxes, asking you to check on wich user activity you'd like a wall notice. People dont like to fill in theese forms I recon, and it would need a whole database of its own to save all the info on who wants to be notified of what... I dont think that would be user friendly really, so we will have to see where things go. I understand the idea, I just believe the possible solutions wont be great either.

thanks for all development feedback!
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #4
Ah yes. Maybe even some conditional formatting where wall entries from your jams could be in red so they stand out from the rest. I'm sure there is a plethora of methods to accomplish the same thing.

~Cheers~
posted on #5
Supporter
... just published a very simple filter letting you choose between your received thumbs & remixes and your friends uploads - hope this will do the job for the moment, its not the most beautiul way to solve this, but it works for me this minute.

you're welcome ;)

Dick
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
Shi

"A friendly and welcoming place, it gives me the chance to be creative and have so much fun with an amazingly talented community. Thanks!"

wikiloops.com uses Cookies to provide you the best possible browsing experience.
Read more in our data privacy policy.