Home » Forum » Open mic at the Blue Iguana »
Old vinyl records

Old vinyl records

posted on #1
titi
This week I was on vacation.
I am like everyone else, I am old ... For a while things have been turning in my thoughts, old things. Sounds and touch to be more precise.
I kept in a box all my old vinyls of my youth and the old record of my father music lover.
For some time I do not recognize myself much in the dematerialization of sounds and images. Using micro-processors to store and work is really fantastic, and using your time in a scholarly way is really an asset and an obligation. I am not in denial of progress and technology.
Eternal nostalgic, I am from the generation of touch and feeling.
So I recompose an old chain HI-FI to find his lost and dear.
Take the time to handle old vinyls that now smell of old books, remove them from the wallet, remove them, put the arm of the platinum on these old cracking furrows is a real pleasure. While the sound is not always the rendezvous of quality but that's what is charming.
Ela Fitzgerald, Getz, Genesis, ACDC, Gainsbourg ...
The pleasure is intact ...
As safe values, having made the choice to keep all this is my happiness today, and I feel like going back to basics.
Respect, reconquered time, the excellence of the musicians and the time when the music was still simply non-commercial artistic expression, not dematerialized and disposable ... on micro processor.
+3
posted on #2
LittleWing Supporter
Old records are great! I used to love the smell!

I will argue though that vinyl is superior in audio in everyway to a cd.

I belong to several groups on facebook dedicated to vintage hifi stereo equipment and also albums and some of it is very expensive because the audio is better then any stereo system they make today.

1970s Marantz recievers especially are very much in demand and command top $$$$$ due to their sound quality.

This IS NOT mine but I dream...

[img]https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/53599091_1441986539265851_5703697331929481216_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=7263084c5ad1332951278e9e46f188ad&oe=5D13286B[/img]
+3
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Rode NT1-A Complete Vocal Recording
299 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
titi
Magnifique collection of equipment !
Il love the Revox downstairs ... I'm jealous :D
posted on #4
TeeGee Supporter
I still got a 70ies Dual record player and lots of records, including some which I bought when I was 12 :D
+1
posted on #5
titi
Hello T-G
Yes me too. I was born in 1968 and my first records are from my 10 years. I am from a Rock generation. Special British Rock. Genesis, Bowie, Stones and many other things.
I have records that are over 45 years old. My preference is for my father's old jazz vinyls.
An old jazz galette is really tasty <3:D
posted on #6
TeeGee Supporter
My taste in music as a 10-11 year old was The Sweet, And Queen, T-Rex, The Steve Miller Band, Boston, that sort of stuff. Then later I got more into blues. But I still enjoy listening to the old stuff :)
+2
posted on #7
ROBJOL Supporter
Here is a record I made with my friend Pierre in 1972.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7hG4CGBwXI
+2
posted on #8
titi
TeeGee wrote:
My taste in music as a 10-11 year old was The Sweet, And Queen, T-Rex, The Steve Miller Band, Boston, that sort of stuff. Then later I got more into blues. But I still enjoy listening to the old stuff :)

For a long time I listened to hard rock and my youth records were AC / DC, Scorpions, Blue Oyster Cult and many others ...
My pleasure after work is to go home and make me turn an old jazz ...
Getz, Fitzgerald, Oscar Peterson ... A pleasure. And sometimes an old AC / DC with loud volume :W
Rode NT1-A Complete Vocal Recording
299 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #9
titi
ROBJOL wrote:
Here is a record I made with my friend Pierre in 1972.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7hG4CGBwXI

So cool Robert !
A true Power-Flower record <3
+1
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
A friendly and welcoming place, it gives me the chance to be creative and have so much fun with an amazingly talented community. Thanks!
Shi

wikiloops uses Cookies and processes data in compliance with the GDPR,
as stated in our data privacy policy.