Home » Forum » Feedback and Suggestions »
[closed] Ticket v11 - shoutbox search for track number does not work

[closed] Ticket v11 - shoutbox search for track number does not work

posted on #1
TeeGee Supporter
Chrome/win 10

if I enter a track number and press search nothing happens.
posted on #2
Dick Supporter
odd.. I'm quite sure that worked some time ago, but you are correct, it's broken right now... will fix!
+1
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
Dick Supporter
please have a look again, if you don't see any change at first, please close & reopen your browser to make sure the fresh service-worker gets properly setup (that's like a funky cache thingy, but obviously won't clear by pressing ctrl+F5).
Feedback on the autocomplete behaviour of the search bar is very welcome :)
posted on #4
TeeGee Supporter
Still does not work, it takes me to the search track page. When I enter a number there autocomplete jumps up and gives me the option, looks like this:

#13598 [Track ID]

but when I press enter it goes to the jam page..
posted on #5
TeeGee Supporter
Aha, I think I understand. When you put a track number in there, you need to click on the suggestion that pops up underneath the search box, not click on "go!" . If you click on "go!" it takes you to the jam page. SO it works, but there is a twist :)
posted on #6
Dick Supporter
correct observation, now changed to:
on "go" click or enter-press, run request thru best-result-page distinguisher...
that will now detect any numbers and redirect to tracks (as expected), notice user names and redirect to the profile (test "teegee"),
turn you to the track search page if your searchterm matches some tracks,
or the so called "allfinder" page that would offer "X forum posts, X members & X tracks" if that's found (similar to what the auto dropdown offers in the first place).

I'm hoping the dropdown may serve as a usefull hint that searching for very loose terms like "blues" turns up with quite a lot of options to choose what you are currently looking for...
that autocomplete dropdown could do with a lot of extra love, let me demonstrate what I mean with the "blues " example:
Right now the dropdown will offer:
- Blues [Genre Category]
- Blues Radio [wikiloops radio]
- 12345 Tracks matching the word(!!not the category!!) "Blues"
- 234 Albums tagged with "Blues"
- several usernames starting with "blues"
thus revealing quite a wide scope of possibilities on WL.

Users may probably feel that extending the first category segment by some quite common options like "Blues Drums [Category]" and "Blues without Guitar [Category]" would be very handy,
that would also serve as role-model how to textsearch...
if someone adopted the hint and continued typing "blues without", one could let "Blues without Bass" etc appear in the dropdown, revealing more and more of what WL has in store, on any given page offering the search bar...
am I making sense?
+1
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
Wikiloops is an amazing platform to experiment with the styles of music that I never have had the opportunity to vocalize with. Thanks to all the excellent musicians/producers, the sound quality of the tracks are spectacular.
rtkradle from United States

wikiloops uses Cookies and processes data in compliance with the GDPR,
as stated in our data privacy policy.