Lap steel advice?

posted on #1
User Avatar Supporter
Hello, wikiloopers!

On the bucket list: learning to play proper slide guitar.
Thought I’d ask you fine people some advice on
- what steel would fit my lap (whilst not breaking the bank beyond repair) for home recording purposes
- where to start learning (online resources)

Thx.
Edited by Certified-Nut on March 13 2019 16:43
posted on #2
User Avatar Supporter
Certified-Nut wrote:
Hello, wikiloopers!

- what steel would fit my lap (whilst not breaking the bank beyond repair) for home recording purposes

Thx.

My most recent lap steel is the Rogue RLS-1. I'm pleased with it and it is very inexpensive.
It also supports height-adjustable legs.

You will find many instructional video's on youtube.

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/folk-traditional-instruments/rogue-rls-1-lap-steel-guitar-with-stand-and-gig-bag/h77733000003000?cntry=us&source=3WWRWXGP
posted on #3
User Avatar Member
I have a early version of the Rogue, Artistsen. You can also find these on ebay. I'm happy with mine.
posted on #4
User Avatar Supporter
FrankieJ wrote:
Certified-Nut wrote:
Hello, wikiloopers!

Thx.

My most recent lap steel is the Rogue RLS-1. I'm pleased with it and it is very inexpensive.
It also supports height-adjustable legs.

You will find many instructional video's on youtube.

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/folk-traditional-instruments/rogue-rls-1-lap-steel-guitar-with-stand-and-gig-bag/h77733000003000?cntry=us&source=3WWRWXGP

Damn! “Most recent” :)
And thanks!
Edited by Certified-Nut on March 15 2019 09:09
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
JeF31 from France

"Wikiloops is a real great idea. It's very exciting to talk and play with poeple all around the world. Long Live Wikiloops!"

Please note: As you are visiting wikiloops, any personal data that is being processed is treated in compliance to the European General Data Protection Regulation.
You may review our data privacy policy to learn how and why we are using Cookies and other techniques as we are providing our service to you.