gift ticked

posted on #1
User Avatar Supporter
I have a few sites about native american flutes (in Dutch) where I promoot Wikiloops. Now I have made A cd with Only percussion of differnt musicians to show that there is enough to choose on Wikiloops if you only use percussion. But I would like to give some albums away as promotion. So if I buy a dowload ticked can I give it Away to someone and does this person have to be A member to download with a ticked ?
music is the language all people understand so lets make music instead of war❤
posted on #2
Rian,

I'm no expert in this, but as far as I understand https://www.wikiloops.com/knowledge/download_tickets.php and https://www.wikiloops.com/download_tickets.php you don't have to be a member if you want to download a CD with a ticket. You might have to visit that second link tho to give in your ticket number(s).

Should I be wrong, anyone knowing more please correct me.

Haven't tried to download a ticket, maybe I should do just that... good idea of you!

Cheers,
Wolfgang

Edit: just tried it - bought a ticket, received email and a pdf about it, closed my browser and gave the ticket ID and download instruction to a colleague. He will try it later and tell me if that worked.

Cheers again,
Wolfgang
Edited by wjl on March 28 2019 08:07
posted on #3
User Avatar Supporter
Thanks wjl I hope it works:)
posted on #4
User Avatar Supporter
Hi wjl Do you know if the ticket works as a gift jet ?:)
posted on #5
Sorry Rian, just asked the colleague - and he didn't try yet. But he has the data, so it should work...

Maybe you can try the same? I mean: get 1 ticket (2,40€ or so), and give it to someone after closing and reopening your browser (otherwise I think it's possible that the ticket becomes active for your browser session). You can download the information as a pdf before closing your browser, but you'll also get it via email, so you could just forward that mail like I did.

Should work as I understand it - admins please correct me if I'm wrong.

Good luck,
and I hope this helps,
Wolfgang
posted on #6
User Avatar Supporter
I bought a ticket I gone give it to some one:)
posted on #7
Founder
Hey @all,
just to confirm:
People do not need a members account to use a download ticket, that'sthe whole point of offering this seperate thing to our members accounts.
You may pass on the download ticket code which you will receive after a download ticket purchase to someone, and they will have to visit the download tickets page on wikiloops, enter that code into the "reactivate download ticket" box, and may continue to downloading either 12 single tracks or one album without any further need to sign in.
Sorry for taking a bit to reply, times at work are totally crazy these days :/
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #8
User Avatar Supporter
Thank you I hope my action will bring more people to wikiloops.
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
sixxstring from United States

"This place is awesome!!!! I love jamming and hearing others jam!! Merry Christmas everyone \m/"

Please note: As you are visiting wikiloops, any personal data that is being processed is treated in compliance to the European General Data Protection Regulation.
You may review our data privacy policy to learn how and why we are using Cookies and other techniques as we are providing our service to you.