Home »Forum»Feedback and Suggestions»[closed] [Ticket] -post crash ? Notifications missing

[closed] [Ticket] -post crash ? Notifications missing

posted on #1
Strangely i never had any notification on #162903 and #162915 both remixes of #162892

Edit : after watching the stats of this template no remix is showing in the chart ...
OliVBee attached the following image:

Edited by Dick on May 24 2019 15:09
clusters Clusters CLUSTERS !!!!!!
posted on #2
Founder
that seems to be true, indeed. I've checked, and the recent uploads did trigger the remix notifications as expected, so let's hope that was a temporary glitch of some sort :/
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #3
well it seems not ? Today (13/05/2019) #163391 was posted by the most excellent JMB65 but i didn't get a notification ...

[Edit] ahemmm ... I'm finding out watching #162892's remix tab that i didn't get notified about #163248 and #163256
Edited by OliVBee on May 13 2019 16:58
posted on #4
i find new cases pretty often like #163852 for example
posted on #5
User Avatar Supporter
I did not receive an upload message from a friend. Do I have to remove it again and then reintegrate?
Analog zu Ob
Edited by abuitremorem on May 21 2019 17:37
posted on #6
Founder
i'll have to look into that...really odd, thanks for pushing the issue.

posted on #7
Founder
i re-ran the notifications for any track above 163721 today, will keep observing the issue... not sure if I cured the cause, looks to me as if it was time to rebuild the upload handling code to make sure tasks such as notifications are handled asynchronously -> then we wont depend on the uploaders browser waiting out the time it takes to insert 678 newsfeed notifications...

posted on #8
User Avatar Supporter
Today I received some messages about tracks that show you are on the right path. Previously, I had the experience that I get the messages again, if I separate from a friend and then invite him back. In my imagination this is a new incorporation of variables. Obviously outdated:D
posted on #9
Founder
I seperated the user upload procedure and the post-upload-notification sending, so any user-end issues (like: Someone didn't wait for the final upload finished notice) will not interfere with sending notifications or any other relevant steps.
This setup will lead to a small delay of a couple of minutes between publishing and notifications going out, but that should be hardly noticeable as far as user experience is concerned. Thanks again for observing closely, these "works in 70% of all cases" bugs are the worst to track down.

posted on #10
i'll stay alert as much as possible ;) thanks alot !!
posted on #11
User Avatar Supporter
#164130 May 26 2019 07:07:57 - World
Has not appeared to me 8:27 clock
thank you very much!
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
wiseshanks from Oklahoma, USA

"Wikiloops is an amazing forum for musicians to contribute, learn, and grow from each other! It's the internet's best kept secret!"

Please note: As you are visiting wikiloops, any personal data that is being processed is treated in compliance to the European General Data Protection Regulation.
You may review our data privacy policy to learn how and why we are using Cookies and other techniques as we are providing our service to you.