[Answered] Autoplay in Firefox & Chrome

posted on #1
This feature works just fine on chrome 74.0.3729.131 (64bits) but not on FF
Edited by Dick on May 30 2019 16:43
clusters Clusters CLUSTERS !!!!!!
posted on #2
Founder
ok, thing is:
both chrome and firefox have implemented autoplay-blocking mechanisms in their recent updates.
The Chrome one is based on AI and notices if you seem to want audio to play on some site (they add some cross-user domain specific data to their algo soup on that as well)- bottom line, chrome allows autoplay on wikiloops, it might not work on yourfirst visit, but should learn.

Now, FireFox is different, you'll have to visit
" about:preferences#privacy " in your browser and add wikiloops.com to the list of sites where you'd like to allow media autoplay.
A second option is to click on the circled "i" icon next to the green secure connection icon in the browser top bar of FF and allow autoplay there (my FF version is in german, so I have no idea what it'll say in yours, sorry).

I believe that should do the trick :)
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #3
absolutely does the trick !! :) thanks my friend !
clusters Clusters CLUSTERS !!!!!!
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
dyskokyd

"Backing tracks makes practicing guitar fun. Wikiloops makes it easy."

Please note: As you are visiting wikiloops, any personal data that is being processed is treated in compliance to the European General Data Protection Regulation.
You may review our data privacy policy to learn how and why we are using Cookies and other techniques as we are providing our service to you.