Home » Forum » Feedback and Suggestions »
Having problems

Having problems

posted on #1
Wade Supporter
Just back from a long spell of work and trying to listen to tracks and comment. Unfortunately it seems like my computer or something is scrambling everything up. Tracks won't open, or at least don't open quickly (up to a minute wait), histogram missing, comments don't show up, or wind up on someone else's track. It's a mess. I'm using firefox, which I've always used and I don't think anything from my end has changed.

Makes it hard to be active here when I can't hear tracks, can't see if a comment even went to the right track. I feel lost.

Help!
+1
posted on #2
wjl Supporter
Hey Wade,

sorry to hear that you're having problems. Did you miss the transition to v11 until now, and could it be that refreshing your browser (like deleting history and cookies for the loops) would help already?

And what system are you on - can you try with an alternative browser perhaps (I use Firefox and Chrome for this, but I can also fire up a virtual Windows with IE if it needs to be)?

Let us know what you find out, and whether some of this helps already.

Good to read you at least :)

Cheers,
Wolfgang
+1
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
Wade Supporter
Thanks Wolfgang. I'm sorry to say that you're dealing with a total techno-illiterate. Could you please give me a step by step description of how to "refresh the browser". "Destroying cookies for the loops"? What does this mean? How does it happen? Virtual Widows IE? None of this means anything to me. How do I get v11?

I have firefox chrome and tried that. Not much better. Can you help me please?
+1
posted on #4
wjl Supporter
Hi Wade,

sorry if I expected too much computer knowledge - that's the typical error of one who's working in IT, assuming that everyone would understand our terminology. My fault.

I thought about making a short video, but that would probably touch things like privacy and our European GDPR rules, so let me rather try to explain here.

I'm using Firefox, and in its URL address bar it has a small 'i', a green lock, and then the https address of the page I'm looking at which is this Wikiloops answer window.

If I left-click on the small 'i' I see the wikiloops.com connection with that green lock and an arrow to the right, and under it some 'Permissions' info. Ignore that for the moment, and click on the arrow pointing to the right.

Now you'll have 'Site Security' on the top of that small window, and 'More Information' on the bottom of it. Click that one.

Another and bigger window with lots more information opens, and you should be on the 'Security' tab of it. In the section 'Privacy & History' you'll see a 'View Cookies' button. Click that one.

And another window will open, showing a wikiloops.com line at the top, and under it all cookies stored by the site. You can select 'Remove All Shown', or if you first select some, you can use 'Remove Selected', and afterwards, 'Close'.

After closing all these windows and refreshing your browser window with your function key 5 (F5), you can test if you still have the problems. If in doubt, please close all instances of the Firefox browser you might have open, and then start and try again.

For other browsers like Chrome or Internet Explorer (IE) (I don't know what you are using), procedures are very similar.

Please let us know if that helps. I could still make a video, but it would take a bit of time and require your permission to upload it to Youtube and to share it here and there.

Cheers,
Wolfgang
+1
posted on #5
Wade Supporter
Thanks Wolfgang. Very well explained so that even a dummy like me could do it. Will go ahead and see if that works better now. All OK if you don't hear back from me.
+1
posted on #6
AnneCozean Supporter
Still messed up, Wade?
+2
posted on #7
Wade Supporter
AnneCozean wrote:
Still messed up, Wade?

Well yes, and my shrink doesn't seem to be able to fix it. Nobody to blame!!!
+1
posted on #8
AnneCozean Supporter
your review functionality certainly seems to be working now, Wade
<3
+2
the t.bone Ovid System CC 100
the t.bone Ovid System CC 100
Condenser Clip Microphone for Ovid System
49 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #9
Wade Supporter
You're right! What do I have to complain about? Hmmm...pee too slowly; aches and pains; getting older and uglier by the day; weather is truing cold (soon to be fixed going to Vanuatu in six days time). Naw, all too minor. Life is good and I only have to wait 30 seconds before clicking on a track tends to make it play. Patience.
+2
posted on #10
Dick Supporter
Wade, could you please compare viewing some old track (track id <160000) with a recent track and let me know if the old one plays quicker than the new one?
posted on #11
Wade Supporter
Went to 160000 which played immediately and the comment also happened immediately. Then went to a new track and it worked the same. What I'm finding is that it's unpredictable/intermittent. Sometimes everything works instantly and sometimes I sit and wait. The most unusual thing is when posting a comment, waiting a short while with nothing happening then going on to another track and seeing the comment show up there instead of the previous track. Very strange. I'm coping with it. Just sometimes close everything and come back and try again. Other times I just sit and wait.

Not much help I know, but hopefully others aren't having similar problems. If it's only me then not to worry.
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
Jamming with others is so easy and there is an atmosphere of cooperation and morale support with musicians which is priceless and why I support wiki!
Itocpogo from United States

wikiloops uses Cookies and processes data in compliance with the GDPR,
as stated in our data privacy policy.