Home »Forum»Hey there...»Spam in Europe?

Spam in Europe?

posted on #1
Supporter
I'm just curious. Do people eat Spam in Europe?

People in the USA (except Hawaii, where they pretty much LOVE it), either love it ... or hate it and consider it to be just a notch above dog food in quality.

It's too salty for me. In taste. And now that I'm on a low-sodium doctor-ordered diet, I can't eat it anyway even if I did like it!

Anyway, I'm just curious. It's kind of a universally understood word for unwanted advertising, but I just wondered how many people have actually tried Spam (the food).

If you haven't -- your not missing anything! On your next vacation to Hawaii, try some then. ;)

Ciao,

(Chow?)

~ Jan
posted on #2
Supporter
hey jan,

thank god, they dont sell spam in germany :) I had the chance to try it when I lived in the states, but didnt take it for good reason...
I used to be a proud SPAM-T-Shirt wearer tho I darkly remember :)
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #3
Supporter
... to all who dont know what spam is... germans would call it "Dosenfleisch" - what a gross invention
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #4
Supporter
Hi Jan, an old friend of mine was a horrible cook.
His favorite salad was: Put Spam and red beans in a great bowl with corn - finish :(
Don't eat this twice...
posted on #5
Administrator
It's worse when it's cooked. We used to be fed spam fritters for lunch at primary school - cut into 1cm slices, battered and shallow fried

:(
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
Sandy from New York

"Thanks for this great site! Love finding awesome drum & percussion tracks here for my projects."

wikiloops.com uses Cookies to provide you the best possible browsing experience.
Read more in our data privacy policy.