Home »Forum»Open mic at the Blue Iguana »Videos made by WL members

Videos made by WL members

posted on #1
Hi friends,

I looked into the forum and decided to start a new thread for uploading videos which are made by (one of) us, but don't necessarily have WL music or musicians in them.

Last week for instance I've had the pleasure and honour to be invited to document a three day rehearsal plus one day concert of several music groups from Zuleikha's (our daughter's) high school - so both Zuleikha and me were gone from Thursday to Sunday.

Here's a first one of several videos I've made (roundabout 100GB using three cameras and a portable 4 track recorder). It's a song by German composer / arranger / conductor Kurt Klose, called "Adios Axelito":

[youtube]xZpwEna0sM0[/youtube]

I hope you see that we've had some fun :) More to come (if no parent objects). Lovely kids, hm? And their teachers are very cool as well :)

Cheers,
Wolfgang
Edited by wjl on June 27 2019 12:59
posted on #2
User Avatar Supporter
I always like to see young people perform. So much talent there. My daughter is a music teacher andI often help for toe sound setup. I always enjoy the performance of these young people.
:o
posted on #3
Here's a second video from last Sunday's concert.

The event was at Landesmusikakademie Hessen (LMAH, "County Music Academy"), see https://landesmusikakademie-hessen.de/ for more info about the place.

You'll hear several music classes and titles:

1. Cheerleader - Brass & Co. (Leitung Frau N├Ągler)
2. See you again - Brass & Co.
3. Forrest Gump - Orchester (Leitung Frau Blum)
4. Fire - Orchester
5. Cute - Big Band (Leitung Herr Dr. Eckhardt)
6. Get back - Big Band
7. Dinner for one - Alumni Big Band (Leitung Herr Dr. Eckhardt)
8. Indiferencia - Alumni Big Band
9. Children of Sanchez - Alumni Big Band

All photos and videos were taken by me, with three Olympus cameras and a Zoom H5 recorder (third channel was the mono sum of the voices/microphones on stage), processed using Ardour (sound) and kdenlive (videos) on Debian Linux

Enjoy...

[youtube]LNYGsPIJ6D0[/youtube]
Edited by wjl on June 28 2019 12:07
posted on #4
And three more titles:

1. The Loco-Motion (Alumni & Choir)

[youtube]VOrGceFDhiI[/youtube]

2. In your own sweet way (Alumni Jazz Trio) and
3. Infant Eyes (Alumni Jazz Quartet)

[youtube]EIc9AN_Bqgg[/youtube]

Enjoy...
Edited by wjl on June 29 2019 00:19
posted on #5
I just uploaded 4 more videos which now conclude last Sunday's concert from the school classes and alumni. So here are:

True North

[youtube]4192CmyVF74[/youtube]

Respect

[youtube]PJcgJQ7etCg[/youtube]

Doboy

[youtube]t0eWtoPd7QY[/youtube]

and as the final track, Sweet Lucy

[youtube]i8gzSqQeons[/youtube]

In the end all of my memory cards were full, so I had to fill up the last one with images again.

Hope you had fun watching these kids and young adults. Made a playlist as well: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZH5xmQH-cZyUZ_0J-Kr-7ZvUjbgJFUr0

Next? Let's make some Wikiloops videos :)

Cheers,
Wolfgang
Edited by wjl on June 29 2019 21:38
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
haddock from Sweden

"Wikiloops has not only improved my bassplaying, but I have also made new friends around the world! For example I visited Wade in NZ last year."

wikiloops uses Cookies and processes data in compliance with the GDPR,
as stated in our data privacy policy ..