New to me

posted on #1
Thought this would be a good place to share music that is NEW to me and you. Being an Old Fart and growing up through the 60s -till now I think sometimes that the state of music is horrible if the radio pops on in a car or God forbid I find myself at a mall, or a place that is pumping in music from today.

BUT really there are lots of GREAT bands that make music that is really inspiring. Here's one from this morning I heard. Has a real 60s flair to it. They are Hungarians.

BTW if you just discovered a band that is 50 years old or 60 or 80 years old share a video or something that is NEW TO YOU..

[youtube]fVeZHi9I5zE[/youtube]
Edited by Leftdaloops1019 on August 01 2019 14:04
posted on #2
User Avatar Supporter
Yea, these guys are fixed on the music and not seeming to care about what's top of the pops. So good to hear a tight little band that does their own thing. Some Zappa influence in a few of the tracks.
You're only as old as you smell
posted on #3
Quite enjoyed this band :W
posted on #4
TeeGee wrote:
Quite enjoyed this band :W

They have kind of a Allman Bros band with the twin guitars --then they go off new places---that new Album of theirs is definitely worth checking out---Amazing.

Hopefully other Loopers will put up new finds even if they are 100yrs old--if the music is--- new to them.
Edited by Leftdaloops1019 on July 09 2019 17:13
posted on #5
not really need to me but really great band
[youtube]BJcC4QoZPlo[/youtube]
posted on #6
[youtube]dZz9kPxM7h4[/youtube]
posted on #7
This Band was out at least in 1992 --- 27yrs ago ---- reminds me of DeathCab for Cutie
BUT "They are new to me" This album is from 2000---Share Your musical finds

[youtube]RIGqUy8gzGY[/youtube]
Edited by Leftdaloops1019 on August 01 2019 14:03
posted on #8
I've liked these guys for awhile--- not listening a lot but liking them ----didn't know a thing about them---thought they were from SoCal.... here's a good intro to who they are
[youtube]4QAnhFxK4GE[/youtube]
posted on #9
User Avatar Supporter
I love Tame Impala...the only modern music I like!
posted on #10
Back when I got off a 28k modem and got onto the cable modem -- was more prone to go and search around --and Apple was letting you download tracks --- and this was one of the ones I downloaded -(Along with the Shins' 1st radio ready song and let's see...ahh....Spoon.....and Stereo Lab .......
The Clean is pretty Groovy
[youtube]XSncrEj-7uc[/youtube]

[youtube]_ukyogTkqV4[/youtube]
Edited by Leftdaloops1019 on September 21 2019 22:33
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
ALawrence1 from United States

"This site is a dream come true! Thank you for everything!"

Please note: As you are visiting wikiloops, any personal data that is being processed is treated in compliance to the European General Data Protection Regulation.
You may review our data privacy policy to learn how and why we are using Cookies and other techniques as we are providing our service to you.