Home »Forum»Feedback and Suggestions»Publishing Albums

Publishing Albums

posted on #1
User Avatar Supporter
Yesterday I tried publishing an album for the first time but 15 hrs later it still shows up under the playlist tab as an unpublished album draft. Is there a way to speed up the process being it's supposed to be published within an hour. It can't be deleted so was wondering if this is a glitch or something I did wrong. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Edited by bluvation on August 23 2019 18:56
posted on #2
Same here, Blu - I have a similar post in the moderators' forum, also since yesterday. Please wait a bit...
posted on #3
User Avatar Supporter
Thanks Wolfgang, was thinking I'd messed something up being it was first attempt doing this:) I appreciate your post, thanks again 👌
posted on #4
Founder
Hey,
I just looked into the issue and after a few tweaks your album should be "live" now.
I'm not 100% sure why it wouldn't work or take so long before, but I've touched so many settings in the past weeks that I might have accidentally messed up the album publishing - I'll have to watch if it works smooth in the future, sorry about that.
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #5
User Avatar Supporter
Dick wrote:
Hey,
I just looked into the issue and after a few tweaks your album should be "live" now.
I'm not 100% sure why it wouldn't work or take so long before, but I've touched so many settings in the past weeks that I might have accidentally messed up the album publishing - I'll have to watch if it works smooth in the future, sorry about that.

Thanks for trying to fix this problem Dick but as of now my album is still showing up as an 'Unpublished Album' under the Playlists tab? it's had a 'being published' sign on it since Friday. Just wanted to keep you informed.
Edited by bluvation on August 26 2019 03:23
posted on #6
Founder
Took care of that this morning, must have fixed someone elses album yesterday, then :)

posted on #7
User Avatar Supporter
Dick wrote:
Took care of that this morning, must have fixed someone elses album yesterday, then :)

Thanks Dick, I really appreciate it. :W:)
posted on #8
Cool stuff :) Woohoo to WIkiloops :W
posted on #9
Robjol just wrote about the same issue for him in the Shoutbox... so album creation still doesn't finish for some of us?
Edited by wjl on September 05 2019 15:28
posted on #10
User Avatar Supporter
Yes, I also posted an album Friday, August 30th ... still not online ? B)
posted on #11
User Avatar Supporter
Also waiting for album to publish since yestreday. Not being impatient folks just reporting.:D
posted on #12
Seen these entries, my friends - I don't have code or server access, but I'll report it :)

Edit, same evening: I tried to call Richard who seems to be the only one who can fix this - but no luck. So I'm asking for a bit of patience until he can look into it again :)

Thanks for your understanding, my friends :)
Edited by wjl on September 05 2019 22:36
posted on #13
Founder
sorry for taking time, it's all a mad rush these days.
All pending albums have been published by now, no traces of any user-side-mistakes which one could try to work around...
this must have happened due to some of the changed server settings our support experimented with lately - my apologies!

posted on #14
User Avatar Supporter
Thank you Richard ... and especially "do not apologize" you do a great job managing this site ;)
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
woXey from Spain

"I just love this place..... ;) "

Please note: As you are visiting wikiloops, any personal data that is being processed is treated in compliance to the European General Data Protection Regulation.
You may review our data privacy policy to learn how and why we are using Cookies and other techniques as we are providing our service to you.