Home »Forum»Open mic at the blue Iguana »First gig, take two...

first gig, take two...

posted on #1
Administrator
So tonight's the night! Finally, our first gig \o/

Catch you on the other side... :)
ChrisB attached the following image:

posted on #2
Supporter
COOL! Is there some audio track or video online that we can listen to of your band? What do the girls play. :) I like seeing girls in bands. Yeah! More!! Us chicks aren't out there enough IMO.

~Jan
posted on #3
Administrator
Man that was an awesome night, it went really well :)

I was pretty nervous while we were waiting to go on but the nerves vanished as soon as we started playing and I really enjoyed it. Seemed to go down really well and we got lots of positive comments afterwards which was really cool. Can't wait for the next one now \o/

Jan, there should hopefully be some pics and video soon - I'll post links here when I get them. We were just playing a support slot - the band in the pic is [url=http://www.thebirthdaysuit.co.uk/]The Birthday Suit[/url] who were headlining. They played a cover of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXa-QDvxacw]Rhythm Is A Dancer[/url] (a 90's club classic) at the end of their set which was absolute genius :D

Chris
posted on #4
Supporter
Wow. High energy!

=D

Glad to hear it all went well!!

So ... booked for future gigs already? Best time to snag more gigs at the same venue is right after a successful night! That's what the bands Felix plays in try to do. Get a future date right then and there! :)

~Jan
posted on #5
Administrator
We've got another gig lined up for the 3rd August which should be really good. We were supposed to be playing a slot at a festival this afternoon too but it's been cancelled due to the recent bad weather - apparently the site is flooded which is a shame as there must have been 40 bands booked for it :(
Edited by ChrisB on 17-07-2012 21:18
posted on #6
Supporter
glad to hear it went well chris :) nothing nicer than live success :)
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #7
Supporter
Oh wow. That sucks! I'm sorry. :(

Yay for the gig on August 4!

:)

~Jan
posted on #8
Administrator
Cheers Dick! One step closer to being a "proper" musician hahaha :D

Got some pics from the gig [url=https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.471612149533841.118997.190902670938125&type=3]here[/url].
posted on #9
Congrats Chris. Gave my thumb for the pics on Facebook. Looks nice
keep on Jammin'
posted on #10
Administrator
Cheers man, I guessed that was you hehehe. Really looking forward to the next one but it's a couple of weeks away yet...
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
ivax from Spain

"I think that Wikiloops is the dream that every musician had ever... to share ideas and projects, even is a form of collective learning, fusion of styles, good atmosphere among friends, always with respect..."

wikiloops.com uses Cookies to provide you the best possible browsing experience.
Read more in our data privacy policy.