Home »Forum»Open mic at the Blue Iguana »First gig, take two...

first gig, take two...

posted on #1
So tonight's the night! Finally, our first gig \o/

Catch you on the other side... :)
ChrisB attached the following image:

posted on #2
COOL! Is there some audio track or video online that we can listen to of your band? What do the girls play. :) I like seeing girls in bands. Yeah! More!! Us chicks aren't out there enough IMO.

~Jan
posted on #3
Man that was an awesome night, it went really well :)

I was pretty nervous while we were waiting to go on but the nerves vanished as soon as we started playing and I really enjoyed it. Seemed to go down really well and we got lots of positive comments afterwards which was really cool. Can't wait for the next one now \o/

Jan, there should hopefully be some pics and video soon - I'll post links here when I get them. We were just playing a support slot - the band in the pic is [url=http://www.thebirthdaysuit.co.uk/]The Birthday Suit[/url] who were headlining. They played a cover of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXa-QDvxacw]Rhythm Is A Dancer[/url] (a 90's club classic) at the end of their set which was absolute genius :D

Chris
posted on #4
Wow. High energy!

=D

Glad to hear it all went well!!

So ... booked for future gigs already? Best time to snag more gigs at the same venue is right after a successful night! That's what the bands Felix plays in try to do. Get a future date right then and there! :)

~Jan
posted on #5
We've got another gig lined up for the 3rd August which should be really good. We were supposed to be playing a slot at a festival this afternoon too but it's been cancelled due to the recent bad weather - apparently the site is flooded which is a shame as there must have been 40 bands booked for it :(
Edited by ChrisB on July 17 2012 21:18
posted on #6
Founder
glad to hear it went well chris :) nothing nicer than live success :)
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #7
Oh wow. That sucks! I'm sorry. :(

Yay for the gig on August 4!

:)

~Jan
posted on #8
Cheers Dick! One step closer to being a "proper" musician hahaha :D

Got some pics from the gig [url=https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.471612149533841.118997.190902670938125&type=3]here[/url].
posted on #9
User Avatar Member
Congrats Chris. Gave my thumb for the pics on Facebook. Looks nice
keep on Jammin'
posted on #10
Cheers man, I guessed that was you hehehe. Really looking forward to the next one but it's a couple of weeks away yet...
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
carlottis

"gracias a todos los músicos que colaboran en wikiloops, es interesante la sensación de saber, que alguien en algún lugar del mundo sabe de ti y de tu música, y lo mas interesante, compartirla, GRACIAS"

wikiloops.com uses Cookies to provide you the best possible browsing experience.
Read more in our data privacy policy.