Home »Forum»Musicians forum»Stoner Rock project!

Stoner Rock project!

posted on #1
User Avatar Member
Hey fellas!
Anyone here interested in doing some stoner rock jams?
It's my beach as a vocalist would love to hear some stuff here!
posted on #2
User Avatar Member
Hey Drexhan! Sounds good. I could do the drums just in case.
posted on #3
User Avatar Member
Matelox wrote:
Hey Drexhan! Sounds good. I could do the drums just in case.

Hell yeah, let's hope a guitarist and a bassist picks this up!
posted on #4
User Avatar Member
what is Stoner Rock? :)
taking everything with a grain of salt
posted on #5
User Avatar Member
JangoJam wrote:
what is Stoner Rock? :)

Ok so very briefly imagine a combo of prog and psych rock with a hint of blues sometimes, depending on the band.
But if you wanna check it out check bands like Kyuss, Naxatras, Dozer, Stoned Jesus, Causa Sui... Every band as a style of it's own but they're awesome!
posted on #6
User Avatar Supporter
Just checked out some tunes from the bands listed .. pretty cool stuff :W ... it's like slowed down metal!! I guess that's where the stoned part comes in, haha!
posted on #7
User Avatar Member
Black Sabbath inspiration and other stuff from 70's. Doom, sludge, southern are pretty close, i think... or the same:)
Edited by Matelox on May 07 2020 13:40
posted on #8
User Avatar Member
Ernie440 wrote:
Just checked out some tunes from the bands listed .. pretty cool stuff :W ... it's like slowed down metal!! I guess that's where the stoned part comes in, haha!

Yeah hahaha, I love that! If you want to do some guitar riffs similar to those that would be awesome!
posted on #9
User Avatar Member
Matelox wrote:
Black Sabbath inspiration and other stuff from 70's. Doom, sludge, southern are pretty close, i think... or the same:)

Yeah depending on the band, some of them you can really notice the Black Sabbath vibe! Other bands like Naxatras, feel more like prog/psych rock.
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
jstef from Italy

"They are BANNING music out there. We can spread it! "

Please note: As you are visiting wikiloops, any personal data that is being processed is treated in compliance to the European General Data Protection Regulation.
You may review our data privacy policy to learn how and why we are using Cookies and other techniques as we are providing our service to you.