Home »Forum»Musicians forum»So tell me biggest mistake you ever made playing live?

So tell me biggest mistake you ever made playing live?

posted on #1
User Avatar Supporter
So this is always fun. Euhm I don’t even know where to begin. Lol

I think like with a live performance and was the singer who would lower the key. So ok didn’t practice that so as a keyboard player. Well just use the transpose button.
Ok no problem for that song then. Unfortunately I forgot to switch it of after the song.....

And the next one was like a complete piano intro when after a minute the band kicks in. Ooooooops ok you can imagine what happens then. Lol.

Share you’re story’s. Please.
Emiel
posted on #2
User Avatar Supporter
Major fuck up this. Ok it was a ok band so they picked up the new transposed key pretty quick. But still. Haha it was a wtf moment. Little bit harder for the singers but ok.

And this has happened multiple times. So hate using transpose it leads to errors and faults. But stil advice for you all. Only use it if there is no other way/. Haha

Took me some seconds to realize what happened. So ok well piano and band in two different keys. It was a disaster.

Yamaha s90es has no lighted up button for transpose so it’s in a menu. Didn’t noticed it.
Whis it was for a few people. But no like 500 or so. Gehehe wel can laugh about it now but for sure that was a stress moment.
Edited by e-m on July 13 2020 14:44
Rock on...
posted on #3
User Avatar Supporter
I was fronting the band OutedgE was playing my guitar with A wireless rig jumped off the stage and was running around the crowd, But I was supposed to be singing (very drunk). No harm done the guys in the group pitched in and kept the singing going. Review of the video was a little embarrassing. Tequila :W
posted on #4
User Avatar Supporter
axenvocs wrote:
I was fronting the band OutedgE was playing my guitar with A wireless rig jumped off the stage and was running around the crowd, But I was supposed to be singing (very drunk). No harm done the guys in the group pitched in and kept the singing going. Review of the video was a little embarrassing. Tequila :W

Hahaha that’s awesome. You don’t have the video I suppose.
We all make mistakes btw. So no harm in telling them. But it will be great storys always. :)
Rock on...
posted on #5
User Avatar Supporter
I played in a rock band also. And have a practice recording still who I will post. But was like drunk as hell with the performance. It’s a miracle that there came ok music out of it. Hahaha
Edited by e-m on July 13 2020 15:30
Rock on...
posted on #6
User Avatar Supporter
https://youtu.be/FXsz6ST7HaY
Rock on...
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
AnneCozean from United States

"I'm delighted to be able to support WikiLoops. It does so much for so many of us by bringing us all together and encouraging us to play nice and support each other. WikiLoops is how the World could be... thank you!"

wikiloops uses Cookies and processes data in compliance with the GDPR,
as stated in our data privacy policy ..