Home »Forum»Open mic at the Blue Iguana »Remembering Wikiloops Member BigDaddyCee

Remembering Wikiloops Member BigDaddyCee

posted on #1
User Avatar Supporter
Clay Gittens, aka BigDaddyCee, and I were buddies on SongRamp, IComps and MacJams - all extinct sites now - before meeting here at WikiWonderland.

He appeared a quiet man who talked not a lot, and whose very Being was a Very Big Stick.
Touch the Sky,https://www.wikiloops.com/backingtrack-jam-29087.php The Bell Is Ringing,https://www.wikiloops.com/backingtrack-jam-37930.php Gonna Be A Good Day,https://soundcloud.com/annecozean/gonna-be-a-good-day-with-clay-gittens and What Would I Do https://soundcloud.com/annecozean/what-would-i-do-with-clay-gittens are the songs we made together. Clay’s music did the talking for him - huge, lush, dramatic, epic, majestic music from this man. I was shocked to learn of his passing, and more so to see the last image of him. Oh, but that beautiful smile on his smaller frame says it all - he was in a good place inside when someone captured that smile.

I’m so honored to have spent musical time with you.
I know you are Touching the Sky, Clay.
Thank you for touching my heart.
To use your own words, I hope your journey on is “smooth as buttah!”

https://www.wikiloops.com/forum/attachments/bigdad.jpg
Edited by AnneCozean on July 21 2020 01:49
posted on #2
You did wonderful stuff together dear Anne - and yes, RIP my younger bigger brother...
posted on #3
User Avatar Supporter
And my thanks to YOU, Dear Wolfgang, for letting me know.
You're such a good Connector.
<3
posted on #4
User Avatar Supporter
<3
posted on #5
Oh Anne i'm so thankful you opened this thread because Clay so deserves any kind of rememberance ! His music speaks volumes and shows a clever mind on so many sides ...

I feel privileged to have crossed his way and having shared some beautiful musical moments with Clay like this wonderful project #42461

I miss BigDaddyCee already :/
clusters Clusters CLUSTERS !!!!!!
posted on #6
User Avatar Supporter
I didn't manage a lot of collaborations with "Big Daddy" but certainly enjoyed his grand and beautiful productions that always seemed to have the ability to communicate to a wide audience.

A very fine musician/composer that always played "big". I'll miss him.
Edited by Wade on July 21 2020 12:49
You're only as old as you smell
posted on #7
User Avatar Supporter
Oh Anne i'm so thankful you opened this thread
Uloisius told Wolfgang, who told me, who told Dick, who said yes, he'd heard, and might I have words. I did.

I feel privileged to have crossed his way and having shared some beautiful musical moments with Clay like this wonderful project #42461
WONDERFUL flashback, Oliv.
posted on #8
User Avatar Supporter
<3
posted on #9
<3
posted on #10
User Avatar Supporter
————————————————————

P E A C E

——————————————————<3
Edited by Tofzegrit on July 21 2020 15:17
posted on #11
User Avatar Supporter
What a shame, very sorry to hear about Clay ... RIP <3 He had a real knack for creating tracks with groove. Great music shared by Anne and OliV, nice stuff .. I never collaborated much with Clay but I remembered this jam distinctly #134461
posted on #12
User Avatar Member
I just read about this today. I'm quite sad about this as I was a fan of Big Daddio, and did a few jams with the dear fellow. I was planning on doing a few more, but the meaning will have changed now.

#148401 - Thanks BigDaddykins and peace, such wonderful music
posted on #13
User Avatar Supporter
I was very fortunate to have told him personally , how much I enjoyed and admired his music.

I did his song "Syracuse". He wrote me a very lovely reply off to the side.So I took the opportunity. Im so very grateful I did.

One of my favs: #147237
Edited by LittleWing on July 22 2020 06:26
posted on #14
User Avatar Supporter
Excellent BDC musician who left us, and excellent words of memories from you Anne !! That musical legacy will remain there forever. RIP Clay.
:)
posted on #15
User Avatar Supporter
<3
posted on #16
User Avatar Supporter
<3

An example of his amazing music skills #119032

Rest in peace BigDaddyC!
Edited by Marceys on July 23 2020 09:17
Or something like that! :)
posted on #17
User Avatar Supporter
Just read about BDC on Dick's dev blog. :( Never anything less than pure music delivered from the soul was Big Daddy. Mine and his musical adds rarely crossed, sadly, but nevertheless he was nothing but a man who lived his music. An unsung gem amongst us. RIP.
If you make a mistake, do it again and make it look like you meant to do it!
posted on #18
User Avatar Member
So sad, he was a great person and a fantastic musician. We periodically worked together outside of wikiloops and used to chat on Facebook. He could mix my bass better than anyone. I miss him.
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
Bothen from United States

"Love this site. It keeps the rust off my playing."

wikiloops uses Cookies and processes data in compliance with the GDPR,
as stated in our data privacy policy ..