Home »Forum»Open mic at the Blue Iguana »The missing link between wikiloops and bandcamp?

The missing link between wikiloops and bandcamp?

posted on #1
User Avatar Supporter
Hello,

I've been looping here for almost half a year now. Am getting a feel for it. Enjoying, and learning' too.

Many of my recordings fall somewhere between 'loops style 'fun',and more 'commercial' music.
What is useable for wikiloops, I post. What I don't use sits on my hard drive collecting virtual dust.
I get to thinkin' 'there must be a place for this on the web.' I've yet to find something that bridges
the gap.

What that place on the web might contain: looper style collabs, some indie style marketing,
, and then allowing a wider timeframe for template creation That might be something
others are interested in? Less hobby, but not quite a job. Like a virtual workshop.

Dear reader, if your brain coughs up something relevant, please pass along that info. Or perhaps a group
of like minded musicians would be interested in discussing such a site further.

-- MikeB
Michael Bender
posted on #2
User Avatar Supporter
So, since I posted that. I researched a few collab style sites. There are a few cool sites out there, but most are pretty commercial. Of those cool ones, I found nothing stable. So, there it tis.
Michael Bender
posted on #3
User Avatar Supporter
Have you tried using the band function here...
It allows for a more controlled construction and collaberation process than the "open" tree method we normally use.
he who works with his hands, is a labourer
he who works with his hands and his head, is a craftsman
he who works with his hands, his head, and his heart, is an artist.....(I just dont work)
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
Tutama from Portugal

"I know it's not much but my support is given, better days will come ... Thanks for creating this great Wikiloops community ..."

wikiloops uses Cookies and processes data in compliance with the GDPR,
as stated in our data privacy policy ..