Home »Forum»Open mic at the Blue Iguana »Searching for Pro-bono coders

Searching for Pro-bono coders

posted on #1
User Avatar Supporter
Hello Wikiloops,

I am working on a music collaboration project for world wide web users. I have got some work on it, but am getting old.
I thought I'd post here and see if any coders out there respond.

The idea is similar to wikiloops, but a different goal. Instead of focused on overdubbing jams, the ethic of the proposed site,
muselib, will be concentrating on remixing electronic music. Some of the goals are up at https://muselib.org

Take a look. Feedback, and interested coders, please get back. The work would involve some code using php, cpanel, and mysql.

More to come and thanks.

mikeb
Michael Bender
posted on #2
User Avatar Supporter
No takers? What gives?

Sum bono?

Wrong forum, right.
Michael Bender
posted on #3
Founder
had a quick look at the project proposal out of curiosity, knowing I got too much work at hand to even think about offering help there, sorry to say.
Good luck with the muselib project, you've got some pretty big plans there.
posted on #4
User Avatar Supporter
I am not hurried about it. I wanted the site built so that some ideas related to wikiloops could bear some fruit. Namely, swapping in and out takes.

In a nutshell, by uploading all takes of a composition (electronic musicians can do this much easier than accostic users), other musicians can swap in a take to a mix. For example, someone might think, 'Gee, I wrote this 4 part song and my guitar vst part isn't great, perhaps another muselib user will swap in a guitar part, thus making it cooler.' From this, the idea sprang into domain acquirement and some hasty sketches of 'how it should operate.'

Thanks for consideration.
Edited by MikeB on March 09 2021 17:23
Michael Bender
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
JohninFrance from Scotland

"This site is worthy of all the support it can get, as it represents the true spirit of musicians the world over. Keeping music generous and honest."

wikiloops uses Cookies and processes data in compliance with the GDPR,
as stated in our data privacy policy ..