Home »Forum»Open mic at the Blue Iguana »Has anyone ever posted their own copyrighted song on WikiLoops?

Has anyone ever posted their own copyrighted song on WikiLoops?

posted on #1
User Avatar Member
Hi all, still fairly new here. I've read the licensing agreements for Wikiloops and I'm still not clear on this question. I recently wrote a country(ish) song and had it copyrighted. It is registered I just haven't got the cert yet. I'd like to share it on wikiloops. There were some folks who liked the vocal I did with hartmut's guitar track and they wanted me to do more. Anyway, no biggee either way I just don't want to violate any rules.

Thanks in advance this is the best internet board I've ever been on, bar none !:) Take it easy Mike
posted on #2
User Avatar Supporter
I work for a large, progressive legal firm and will gladly assume the mantle as expert on this particular topic. Don't let the fact that I am an in-house chef, and have no legal qualifications whatsoever, put you off. I spend a lot of time around lawyers, absorbing their knowledge by osmosis and literally feeding it back to them, often in the form of home-made Turkish flatbreads.
If you write a song and publish it in a tangible medium, such as Wikiloops, you automatically own the copyright. On the Loops, there's an option to add the lyrics at the publishing stage. I print my real name along with my user name, just to be on the safe side.
"All music is folk music. I aint never heard no horse sing a song".
Louis Armstrong
posted on #3
User Avatar Member
Thank you very much Wanhu for that informative and humorous response! :D Regards Mike
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
carlottis

"gracias a todos los músicos que colaboran en wikiloops, es interesante la sensación de saber, que alguien en algún lugar del mundo sabe de ti y de tu música, y lo mas interesante, compartirla, GRACIAS"

wikiloops uses Cookies and processes data in compliance with the GDPR,
as stated in our data privacy policy ..