Home »Forum»Open mic at the Blue Iguana »Is he a virtuoso or not??

Is he a virtuoso or not??

posted on #1
Wow <W

This guy has mastered his equipment like a boss! It is not a traditional musical instrument but I would consider him a virtuoso musician.

[youtube]DG5_gQZJPRg[/youtube]
posted on #2
User Avatar Supporter
Brilliant. Looks like my first pocket calculator, but all that could do was write "boobies" upside down.
"All music is folk music. I aint never heard no horse sing a song".
Louis Armstrong
posted on #3
User Avatar Supporter
well it's an electronic instrument and he has rhythm and good timing ...
posted on #4
User Avatar Member
Mmmmmmmmm I dunno. Clearly amazing dexterity and skill but it seems more like being a great video gamer than a great musician. But then I'm a musical dinosaur, so what do I know? :)
posted on #5
User Avatar Member
Well..there are those that pull loops and put them together. But IMHO if you can pull up a sound(Midi) then play what you hear in your head...with THAT sound.. it will help you develop different melodies. Of course purists will Poo Poo these things. I like em. Helps you get new ideas as long as you are pursuing those ideas.B) and one can also create the music one enjoys without having to wait for a "potential" musician that may never come along.
posted on #6
no matter the instrument used ! if you can play with musical toys do it with a passion and the music will always be rewarding :)
clusters Clusters CLUSTERS !!!!!!
posted on #7
mdn wrote:
Mmmmmmmmm I dunno. Clearly amazing dexterity and skill but it seems more like being a great video gamer than a great musician. But then I'm a musical dinosaur, so what do I know? :)

I guess I would classify him as a percussionist combined with a DJ. His rhythmic sense is very good and his hand speed and accuracy are impressive.
posted on #8
User Avatar Supporter
Since harp players are usually more purists than explorers, I teamed up with my colleague and musician friend Gernot. He's also a very tradition-conscious player. I'm probably better known as a creative bundle lol. I tinkered this track hehe and Gernot was open to new things and stepped on the gas. I wanted to take up exactly this topic and I still do it today. For The result is what counts for me and thinking outside the box can also mean discovering new realms for yourself, so don't be afraid of something new, but try the cake. Have fun making music to all of you. By the way, I didn't play myself because I wanted to counteract prejudices, fake things and that sort of thing. It was important that a traditional player participate. Great class from Gernot. You will also recognize his harp style immediate.
https://soundcloud.com/gernot-baur/psychoblues-collab-with-michael-jupe
posted on #9
User Avatar Supporter
Spinscott certainly has a knack for rhythm patterns and the stamina to see them through. I think I'm more impressed that he can remember the sounds each button makes after switching through the presets.
cmdr_chill
posted on #10
User Avatar Member
noun
a person highly skilled in music or another artistic pursuit.

I'm gonna go with yes. It fits the definition without any issues imo. Purist is a time relative term... At some point in history keys and valves were an innovation. Fretboards, distortion and effects... Seems just another step in a direction.... I once saw a kid who had modified an old game boy play a "show" with those sounds it could make.. Really cool and impressive stuff.
posted on #11
User Avatar Supporter
Great ability to play drums on the thing, I wonder what other instrument he plays, when you master rhythms in such a way, if the guy is a pianist, for instance, rhythm patterns on the keys must be impressive,I need to know more about the guy,is he a drummer, a percussionist?
Edited by Mikebeasley on April 19 2021 23:39
Mejazzz:)
posted on #12
User Avatar Member
TeeGee wrote:
mdn wrote:

I guess I would classify him as a percussionist combined with a DJ. His rhythmic sense is very good and his hand speed and accuracy are impressive.

Sure, that seems a fair assessment! :)
posted on #13
User Avatar Supporter
Drummer or whatever is absolute pigeonhole thinking.
People who are good at it are more likely to come close to a conductor who has the music in his head. You can do it yourself. The piece I post here, you can practice for a long time. There are children who have a Lego box but can't assemble anything properly. The end result counts !!!

[youtube]0K2aynMMBpo[/youtube]
Edited by Mickey on April 20 2021 18:44
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
Psycho from United States

"My guitar sat in a corner. Then I discovered wikiloops and now, not one day has gone by that I haven't played it."

wikiloops uses Cookies and processes data in compliance with the GDPR,
as stated in our data privacy policy ..