R.I.P Dusty Hill

posted on #1
The bearded one is gone, R.I.P. I am a big fan of ZZ Top, always listening to them. Dusty's bass gave Billy Gibbons, who I admire a lot for his sound and feel the rock solid platform to do his thing.

https://loudwire.com/zz-top-dusty-hill-death/

A few years back we did a heavily ZZ Top inspired Boogie here at Wikiloops, have a listen and shake your beards for Dusty if you can

Incivanpico (vocals, lyrics), MPointon (drums), DannyK (Bass) and me, TG, (Guitars)
TeeGee attached the following image:

Edited by TeeGee on July 29 2021 09:49
posted on #2
User Avatar Member
ZZ Top... Love this band too! Instantly hooked when I first discovered them through Deguello album when I was around 12. RIP Dusty Hill. Really love his tone and he provided such a rock solid foundation with Frank on the drums. Underrated bassist for sure.

Here is ZZ Top live in Germany in 1980, they were at their peak musically, Deguello (1979) is such a great album, so soulful and funky.

[youtube]tH4hCeJrs44[/youtube]

Here's a cool quirky poppy tune from Afterburner (1985) featuring some kind of slap by Dusty! Those 80s videos are really fun! :D

[youtube]F89McWFENTs[/youtube]
posted on #3
User Avatar Supporter
Al-Fadista wrote:
ZZ Top... Love this band too! Instantly hooked when I first discovered them through Deguello album when I was around 12. RIP Dusty Hill. Really love his tone and he provided such a rock solid foundation with Frank on the drums. Underrated bassist for sure.

Here is ZZ Top live in Germany in 1980, they were at their peak musically, Deguello (1979) is such a great album, so soulful and funky.

[youtube]tH4hCeJrs44[/youtube]

Here's a cool quirky poppy tune from Afterburner (1985) featuring some kind of slap by Dusty! Those 80s videos are really fun! :D

[youtube]F89McWFENTs[/youtube]

Awesome Rockpalast concert, wow, wicked 3 piece rock! .. nice of them to post the entire concert on YT in honor of Dusty. Thanks for posting ...

Velcro Fly .. LMAO .. great song topic .. actually not a bad idea! Especially after drinking a pot of coffee first thing in the morning! :O
Edited by Ernie440 on July 31 2021 19:15
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
AndersAxel from Denmark

"I have been thinking about an online jam/recording/networking platform for years, and all of a sudden wikiloops shows up in my google search. Thanks!"

wikiloops uses Cookies and processes data in compliance with the GDPR,
as stated in our data privacy policy ..