Home » Forum » Hey there... »
Pammy here...

Pammy here...

posted on #1
Pammy
Hi everyone! First I would like to thank Dick for providing this great platform. It's really inspiring to hear all the great musicians here.

Just a little introduction. I live in beautiful Southern Oregon along the Rogue River with my little critter family (Parrot, Dog, Cat).

Way back in the day (when I still had calluses on my fingers) I played bass a few years in clubs and dives in a Texas Blues and rock band on the West Coast. Eventually our band went our separate ways, and I just played to music at home as hobby. About 6 years ago I switched to drums because of pain and have been teaching myself from YouTube videos. I have a guitarist friend that I jam with, but this site is helping already to get me ready to start playing out again, this time on drums. If any of you advanced drummers out there hear something you would like share a tip, I'm open to it. Also on the recording end, I haven't been doing much more than recording it and mixing, no effects or anything so far. Have mostly been using Protools First.

Anyway, great to meet everyone!
Pammy
+9
posted on #2
zedders Supporter
Firstly, I'm not a drummer myself but I appreciate drums are not easy to record well and you're doing a great job of that! I like your drumming too! So the only thing I would say (speaking for myself anyway) is that it's easier and more fun adding to a track when there are solo files that you can mix yourself into. Say I wanted to add reverb (or whatever) to just your drums for atmosphere to match what I wanted to add, without the solo track I can't do that.
+1
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Cabinet for Electric Guitar
169 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
MikeB Supporter
Greetings Pammy. Welcome to the loops. We could use an active drummer. Hope your stay is pleasant.

I too, used to play bass. Due to the pain, I set down larger basses permanently in favor of ukulele basses. These are featured on some of my world and jazz recordings.

Happy recording!
+2
posted on #4
kmoon235 Supporter
Welcome Pammy!!! Sounds like you live in a beautiful place. I know you will enjoy the music and folks here at the Loops. Enjoy<3
keith
+1
posted on #5
Pammy
zedders wrote:
...it's easier and more fun adding to a track when there are solo files that you can mix yourself into. Say I wanted to add reverb (or whatever) to just your drums for atmosphere to match what I wanted to add, without the solo track I can't do that.

Good tip...now if I just get my software to play nice.😏
posted on #6
GBD
Welcome 2-D-Loops. You may have noticed drums on tracks listed as not having them. Your welcome also anyone else to use my playlist I have collected 700+ without Drums. It will say No Drums & Vocals No Drums.
BTW the Blue Pearl kit you pictured is the same color as my 60s Slingerland Gene Krupa kit that I treaded in for a Bass Rig. Too many Drummers in my area not enough Bass players. I really miss that kit.
+1
posted on #7
Pammy
Thanks, very cool! I loved that kit and I'm really bummed that I sold it but I had to play so got the E-drums. It was a Pacific by DW and those were some of the first ones made down there in Ensenada and they were really essentially DWs Made in Mexico back then. If I get somewhere I can play them I'm going to buy more.
+4
posted on #8
TeeGee Supporter
Welcome Pammy, good to have you here :W

Yes the setup and recording side can be difficult, especially for drums - but the good thing is that you will find a lot of people here that will help you if you ask the questions in the forum.

So, look forward hearing your music here, and hopefully you will have a lot of fun here :)
+1
Cabinet for Electric Guitar
169 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #9
wjl Supporter
Hi and welcome to the 'loops Pammy, good to have you with us :)

Enjoy, have fun,
Wolfgang
+1
posted on #10
Pammy
TeeGee wrote:
Yes the setup and recording side can be difficult, especially for drums

Fortunately the Alesis Command is pretty easy to record. What I need are more drum sounds and also learn to use plugins properly. I haven't jumped too deep into the software yet but I have taken a recording class waaaay back when.

...look forward hearing your music here, and hopefully you will have a lot of fun here :)

Thanks, I'm already having a blast! 😊
+2
posted on #11
Face Supporter
Hello Pammy,
I don't know if you've progressed in the meantime, but I'll write anyway^^
do you have a USB output for midi on your drum machine?

I use the Superior Drummer, although Toontrack has just released the EZ Drummer 3. These programs turn any not-so-great drum machine sound into great sounds. In the DAW you can also open it as a VST. The only thing that should be is that your computer should be fast, otherwise you have too large a buffer in ASIO.
Greeting Christian
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
Better than Facebook..All the people here are the greatest!! Join in on the addiction! This one is the best addiction you will find. Healthy too!
Fishinmissio from United States

wikiloops uses Cookies and processes data in compliance with the GDPR,
as stated in our data privacy policy.