Home »Forum»Open mic at the Blue Iguana »Frustration is Brexit-shaped.

Frustration is Brexit-shaped.

posted on #1
User Avatar Supporter
Hey all, no sooner do I get all set up and ready to go and the B-word surfaces to make my life difficult.

Short version: I’m back in the UK for at least a couple of months to sort out a visa to return to Spain. Despite my partner being an EU citizen and being in a registered partnership, so far my applications for residencia have been rejected.

So I’ve thrown in the towel and headed back to the UK to get a visa entirely on my own entry merits. Thankfully not a problem with my job but it will take until probably the end of April to get through all the necessary paperwork and application through the Spanish consulate in the UK (I cannot apply whilst in Spain!).

Upshot is I no sooner realise my dream of building a recording studio in my home in Spain and I have to leave it all behind. So no uploads from me for a while (again).

Whilst I’m here, if any of you in the UK are considering relocation to an EU country, feel free to contact me because the ‘professionals’ I’ve engaged so far haven’t a clue how it works since ‘proper’ Brexit. Their poor advice has resulted in me being unable to meet various requirements I could’ve sorted before leaving.

In particular, if you’re in a civil partnership with an EU citizen issued by the UK, it will NOT be recognised as evidence you’re in a relationship.

See you on a loop soon I hope.
Edited by mpointon on March 16 2022 12:07
If you make a mistake, do it again and make it look like you meant to do it!
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
Wade from New Zealand

"Wikiloops brings musicians from around the world to my home. How would we otherwise ever have the opportunity to play with all of these great musicians? "

wikiloops uses Cookies and processes data in compliance with the GDPR,
as stated in our data privacy policy ..