Home »Forum»Open mic at the Blue Iguana »Hello again! It's been a long, too long, time.

Hello again! It's been a long, too long, time.

posted on #1
User Avatar Member
I apologize for creating a new post for this.
I just want to say hello to everyone. Again!
I have very fond memories of when I first joined this site. It was so unique and I couldn't say enough about it to all my musician and non musician friends! Such a unique and incredible concept at the time I believed. And still do.
Frankly, I'm just wondering how the site has been doing in the past few years. Has it been growing at all? Or slowed down a bit or a lot? Hopefully not the latter. :(

I used to have so much fun back in the day listening to all the incredible talent there was here. And trying my best to join in and add my own contributions...etc. Made a few friends. Had a few favorites I used to always check out.

Unfortunately, life took a bad turn for me a while back which is why I no longer was able to continue here or in music in general. But things are slowly coming around to the point that I'm rekindling my love for music again. The fire was never put out entirely. But can it ever? Not in musicians I think.

Ok so enough about that I guess.
Just wanted to say hello once again and I hope to be able to show up in some collabs sometime soon if I can get my gear to work properly again. (There was an accident that damaged some equipment :( )

So anyways...CHEERS everyone!
Sincerely, JD aka Andre
posted on #2
Hey Andre, nice that you said hello :) I hope that you can soon join some collabs here. Would be cool. Best wishes to you and hope to hear you soon
Shi :)
posted on #3
User Avatar Member
Shi wrote:
Hey Andre, nice that you said hello :) I hope that you can soon join some collabs here. Would be cool. Best wishes to you and hope to hear you soon
Shi :)

Thanks very much!
I am looking forwards to start collab-ing once again! There is SO SO much great, FANtastic music put out on this site, it's almost overwhelming at first! The opportunities are practically endless to be honest.
I just need to set myself up again properly with my limited equipment somehow. As I've mentioned, I've had a few problems with damaged hardware so it's hard for me to be able to record cleanly sometimes without dealing with technical garbage.
It's nice when you can just concentrate on playing!

But I'm pretty close to getting to that point.
Thanks again for the warm welcome!
~JD
Edited by JudgeDrey on August 27 2022 23:06
posted on #4
Welcome back :)
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
AndersAxel from Denmark

"I have been thinking about an online jam/recording/networking platform for years, and all of a sudden wikiloops shows up in my google search. Thanks!"

wikiloops uses Cookies and processes data in compliance with the GDPR,
as stated in our data privacy policy ..