Home »Forum»Feedback and Suggestions»Feedback on my tracks

Feedback on my tracks

posted on #1
User Avatar Member
Hey, got a message saying - Hey, you must still be fairly new to wikiloops -
Welcome to your newsfeed!

Etc etc

Then Just checked again and had feedback with only 1 notification ..

- Joe
Joe3000 attached the following image:

Edited by Joe3000 on September 25 2022 11:49
posted on #2
Hey Joe - did it ask you to re-validate your email? We've had some changes there I think...
posted on #3
I'll test that later Joe, need my test machine (my browser on the main one is a bit too restrictive)
posted on #4
At the moment I get blank pages even with standard browsers Joe, and an 'error8' in the url. I'll report that - for you it works like normal now if you log out and back in again?

Or is your history in the newsfeed gone?
Edited by wjl on September 25 2022 12:38
posted on #5
User Avatar Member
Hmmm cannot reproduce this, Joe - I just logged in with my account 'Streicher' (= member of the band 'Streichorchester', a bit like HerringK), and:

- I had 240+ news
- I did *not* have any message that I'd be new

So in case you'll see that message again, or still have an empty (or newly filled quasi-empty) news feed, please let us know.

Cheers,
Wolfgang
Streicher attached the following image:

posted on #6
Founder
Hey Joe,
Sorry to join late here :)

The screenshot you posted shows the filter for "feedback on my tracks only" selected.
It is possible that you only see a very limited amount of results there, because the system will fetch a fixed amount of notifications and filter afterwards: Think it fetches 100 notifications, if 99 are "someone you followed shared a track"-notifications, then it makes sense why there is little left after filtering (I have exactly this effect on my profile, too).
I'll take this into a bug ticket, it does make sense to make sure the filter doesn't lead to so little results, thanks for pointing at this.
posted on #7
Founder
Took a look, and yes, it had to do with the ratio of "feedback on my tracks" notifications vs. other notifications.
I changed the limiting tool to make sure you'll find a longer history of feedback on your stuff in the future, no matter how many other notifications come along.
This change will take a little time to be noticeable, as the feedback notifications need to pile up a little now, but you should see the difference in a little while.
Thanks again for pointing at this, a small but quite annoying bug.

off topic: your new avatar made me instantly think of Eminems
"now would the real Joe3000 please stand up? please stand up? We gonna have a problem here..." :D nice one.
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
AnneCozean from United States

"I'm delighted to be able to support WikiLoops. It does so much for so many of us by bringing us all together and encouraging us to play nice and support each other. WikiLoops is how the World could be... thank you!"

wikiloops uses Cookies and processes data in compliance with the GDPR,
as stated in our data privacy policy ..