Home »Forum»Open mic at the blue Iguana »A little tip for sore fingertips

A little tip for sore fingertips

posted on #1
Take some superglue and apply a tiny drop on the tip of each finger. Take some cling-film to spread the glue very thin and even. Play for hours..
If it is really bad put some lidocaine gel on your fingertips ½ to 1 hour before and protect your fingertips with the cut off fingers from latex gloves (dont play during this time...) Wash and apply glue and you are fit to go.
I use this on my right hand because i play only fingerstyle, but it works on your left as well if you need to.
There is a product called Rock-Tips that works very well but this is much cheaper.
Pure fingerstyle
posted on #2
Supporter
... good one nilton - my first thought: dont do this prior to flying into the usa, they wont like your fingerprints being hidden this way ;) you might end up imprisoned as a terror suspect pretty quickly :P
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #3
If somebody says to me "Don't do that" I'll always feel an irresistible urge to do that...
Pure fingerstyle
posted on #4
Supporter
well, i once asked the customs officers dog "now, do i smell funny?" - guess what happened next...
I dont want to see your avatar changed to an orange jumpsuit man, they are no fun...
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #5
A little bit off thread, but this confirms my very definite opinion about people gravitating towards uniform jobs.
Pure fingerstyle
posted on #6
karBreels: you can shove your Montblanc pen up your a....
posted on #7
I agree, but please, don't give him or others like him the benefit of attention
Pure fingerstyle
posted on #8
Supporter
A spammer. Sorry. We missed that one! Banned now.

~Jan
posted on #9
back on topic:

Maybe it's because of my soft playing style, but I never had any trouble with sore fingertips
Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.

Plato
posted on #10
Its different for different persons. I read an interview with TE. His right hand nails were so brittle that he decided to get rid of them altogether. I have about the same problem but because of my technique the remains of the nails get so hard worn hat the strings dig into the area between the nail and the flesh. Very painful when that happens. But superglue helps...
Pure fingerstyle
posted on #11
My left hand gets it a lot too if I play for a long time and really dig in playing bluesy leads and bending the heck out of strings or playing a lot of heavy rhythm sounds. I remember hearing talk of Stevie Ray Vaughn having to superglue his fingers between sets sometimes. Nice tip :) I will likely refer to this at some point when I get a good string of time to sit down and jam
posted on #12
The important thing is the cling film. This way you can spread the glue very thin and even. Too thick a layer and it will crack and loosen
Pure fingerstyle
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
akethesnaker from Sweden

"Perfect place to develop yourself musically"

wikiloops.com uses Cookies to provide you the best possible browsing experience.
Read more in our data privacy policy.