Home »Forum»Feedback and Suggestions»Remixes don´t show up on the "wall"

Remixes don´t show up on the "wall"

posted on #1
Member
Posts: 3
Joined: 21.10.12
Hi :)

just want to report a little bug here:

When someone posts a remix of a song/jam of mine, the according message
("xy hat einen Remix zu einem Deiner Tracks hochgeladen ) does NOT show up on my wall, which is kinda sad as a good remix may stay unattended because of this.

And I seem not the only guy affected.

Anyway, Wikiloops runs supersmooth and is a great platform :)

thank you!
posted on #2
Supporter
Posts: 2080
Joined: 30.12.10
Hey carpenter!

thanks very much for the hint!! Maybe you can imagine its tuff to have all three installations (DE, EN, FR) of wikiloops in sight at all times, so I'm really thankfull to any bugs pointed out by users.
I will try to have a look into this issue as soon as possible - chances are that the preparations for the new wikiloops version that is in development broke the notification routine on the DE Domain, I'll see what I can do :)
The upcoming version will feature an upgraded version of the wall thats designed especially to ensure you wont miss any remixes ... so please be a little patient while I'm finishing this off :)

Thanks for the nice overall feedback, I've tried to make this site as quick and stable as I could, and there where unbelievably many hours spent on doing the unseen things needed to ensure exactly that. Glad to see its something users recognize :)
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #3
Member
Posts: 3
Joined: 21.10.12
Hi Dick,

thanks for your answer.
With the new interface, remixes don´t seem to show up at all on the "newsfeed",
and the e-mail-notification seems to have disappeared...?
posted on #4
Supporter
Posts: 2080
Joined: 30.12.10
I'll find out what's going on there, both wall notices and email notification should work again in the end, there were some cross-version issues on this, so uploads on the old interface wouldnt create the right notices... you dont want to know ;)
I'll do some beta tests tonight, hope to find whatever causes the error.
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #5
Member
Posts: 12
Joined: 23.11.13
I think this is the same problem that I am currently seeing, although I can see that I am replying to an old thread.

My problem is that about 99% of the time, my News Feed tab only shows feedback on my jams, even though I have the "Show all news chronologically" button selected. The only time (the other 1%) when I see all news is when there is an error message at the top of the page--I can't remember what it says, or how to re-create it, but I think it says something about an index error.

I hope this can be fixed, because I don't really know what is going on in the wikiloops world without it.

Thanks for this wonderful web site!
posted on #6
Member
Posts: 3
Joined: 21.10.12
kinda late feedback here :)

-E-Mail notification works (new messages, new remixes)
-radio buttons to sort your newsfeed is a fine touch, quite useful

The issues Steve2000 mentioned don´t show up with me, so it might be a single issue...?

so, thanks for the improvement & thanks again Dick & all involved for creating this great site !
posted on #7
Supporter
Posts: 2080
Joined: 30.12.10
hey steve2000 - you are not experiencing a bug there, you just dont get anything fresh in your news feed because you are not following anyone! Add a few of your favorite musicians by clicking the "follow" button, and you will receive more news in your notifications :)
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #8
Member
Posts: 12
Joined: 23.11.13
Ah, thanks Dick, looks like a have quite a few people to follow then.
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
6stringvin from Canada

"Love!!"

wikiloops.com uses Cookies to provide you the best possible browsing experience.
Read more in our data privacy policy.