Home » Forum » Recording and mixing »
Bootsy Plugins - Free!

Bootsy Plugins - Free!

posted on #1
sg1972
Between my childhood ear issues, and playing in R-n-R bands since I was 15, my hearing is in pretty bad shape. That-said, during my Internet research for good quality plugins I keep finding the name "Bootsy" being mentioned as exceptional quality, and they're free! Please send me feedback as-to your "good ears" opinions on the different ones offered here... https://varietyofsound.wordpress.com/downloads/

Glen
posted on #2
zedders Supporter
Epic Clouds is fun and a bit different.
I haven't read a bad word about them and they have their fans for sure.

But I already have enough bloody plugins, some of which I'm very familiar with and I agree more and more with the philosophy of using a limited amount of tools that you know well. eg I have (oh dear, I just counted!) 49 compressors/limiters but I use no more than 4 of them - I should have a clear out.

As your hearing is in bad shape (me too) what you might find helpful is a second pair of ears, there are a few so-called AI eq's out there that will aim your mix at a target. It can be illuminating just to see what they want to do to your instruments or mix. I admit to buying a few of these:
Sonible smart eq which can be as fiddly as you want.
Mastering-the-Mix BassRoom and MixRoom - same kind of thing for your mix bus. Just messing with these recently.
Of course these target driven eqs expect certain things eg if you have a track with no cymbals they will suggest too much high end boost.
+1
Harley Benton TE-52 NA Vintage Series
Harley Benton TE-52 NA Vintage Series
Electric Guitar
159 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
zedders Supporter
Here's a free AI thing from Izotope if you get it within about the next 10 days. Neutron elements, usually about £45.
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/2-Effects/21-Channel-Strip/9984-Neutron-4-Elements/?a_aid=5f57b1baad1a1
+1
posted on #4
sg1972
Thanks zedders!...I'm checking out all three that you mentioned...smart:EQ 4, MIXROOM/BASSROOM and the Izotope.
+1
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
Wikiloops - the biggest, baddest truly global jam ever. Happening right here, right now, at wikiloops.com!
jmrukkers from Switzerland

wikiloops uses Cookies and processes data in compliance with the GDPR,
as stated in our data privacy policy.