Home »Forum»Hey there...»Hello wikiloopers...

Hello wikiloopers...

posted on #1
I was waiting for this kind of musicians network so long... BIG THANKS to all creators, developers, administrators, editors and members of this amazing and marvelous site...

My name is Tomas, 36 years old, married, one amazing daughter (7 years old), living in Bratislava, Slovakia. In professional life I am a lawyer and lecturer (human rights)...

My first experiences with music began as I was 3 - my father is good violinist an musician enthusiast so we often spent free time with music (playing on comb with thin sheet of paper or microtene, on kazoo or singing)... I liked the sound of brass instruments so when I was 7 I started to play soprano recorder till my 10 and then started to practice on trumpet... Then I needed to play piano because I needed harmonies and backgrounds for my childish compositions... In 14 I found (my teacher recommended it) trombone as a perfect instrument so I had to stop practicing trumpet... that time I also started to play guitar and sing in choir... In 17 I became a leader of small youth choir by the church and in 18 I became a trombonist of famous slovak ska and reggae band... They were a great years... playing, recording with many professional musicians... In my 20 I also started to work as a musician (singer and guitarist)in Slovak Army rock band... But I also studied together 2 universities (education and law) and started to be overbooked... My dream began to recede...

During my 20ies I still was playing with some enthusiast band but I prefered singing and guitar playing to trombone...

During last 6 years I returned again to play guitar in band with very gifted musicians. We play some jazzy and popy, light funky and acoustic stuff and also smooth jazz... On 1.1.2013 I remembered that I have my old trumpet on the attic in parent's house... I found it and fell in love to it (I did not play the trombone for more than 10 years and trumpet for 23 years)... repaired and cleaned trumpet started to sing after 2 months of hard practicing... Now I am trying to play trumpet daily...

Few days ago I was looking for some background stuff for playing trumpet and I found wikiloops.com site...

...I will try to contribute with composing and playing: trumpet, guitars / guitalele, piano, recorder, irish whistle, programming... maybe also singing...

...My first attempt here is: [url]http://www.wikiloops.com/backingtrack.php?jamsession=11276[/url]...

So hear and see you soon!

Best regards

TomasFoe
Edited by TomasFoe on 14-09-2013 15:36
posted on #2
Supporter
Hey Tomas :) welcome to wikiloops !
nice to read about your musical experience ! sounds like you were a busy dude ;)
lookin forward to listen to your stuff !
OliV
clusters Clusters CLUSTERS !!!!!!
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
akethesnaker from Sweden

"Perfect place to develop yourself musically"

wikiloops.com uses Cookies to provide you the best possible browsing experience.
Read more in our data privacy policy.