Home »Forum»Hey there...»Finally got round to actually contributing

Finally got round to actually contributing

posted on #1
Hey everybody..

I registered here ages ago..only now getting round to introducing myself..

I'm a regular member on the Basschat.com forum where I contribute regularly - I even arranged The Herts Bass back in June where over 30 other bassists turned up to try each other's gear, chat and put faces to avatars - good day had by all. We even managed to get session player, Laurence Cottell, to come along and give a seminar about life as a professional session player.

I'm not currently gigging or playing in a band, mainly as a result of not being able to find a drummer in the Herts, UK area. If you view my "about me" you'll see that I've given "The French Village" as my location. That's because the films "Saving Private Ryan" and "Band of Brothers" were both filmed here prior to my home being built!!

I'm a bit of a hoarder with 10 basses, currently playing a Ritter Cora (beautiful thing to play!!) and own, amongst others an ACG Harlot SC, a GB Rumour, and a 1980s Citron Veillette.

I play through an EBS HD350, a PJB Briefcase and acquired a Genz Benz 3 today.

As you can see I have no issues about spending my money on me:D:D:D...

I've got to say thanks to Dick and Shi for actually helping me to figure out how to post a thread - a quick thumbs up and I was away.

I'm hoping to spend more time here now that I'm getting my head around using the forum and "relocating" some drum beats...
posted on #2
Supporter
Happy "relocating" :) Have fun on wikiloops, and dont let us wait for the sound of one of your basses too long!
Oh, and tell the guys on basschat we said hi, I used to hang around there for a while, too :)
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #3
Supporter
...must admit i had problems concentrationg on my reply, your avatar is making me nervous... ;)
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
abyssinal from United States

"I support wikiloops because it's a great way for musicians around the world to share ideas and not have their egos kill each other. Thanks."

wikiloops.com uses Cookies to provide you the best possible browsing experience.
Read more in our data privacy policy.