Sharing on Facebook

posted on #1
Forgive me if this has been asked and answered already, I've searched for an answer and can't find one.

My father is fighting stage four cancer. Years ago, he wrote a religious song that I've been trying to re-master and record for him - to share with family on facebook and (for those who are interested) with members here.

Is there are specific section where this might be permitted? And if not, can anyone direct me to a place where I could share a file like that on Facebook?
"The good news is I'm already too old to die young" :D
posted on #2
Supporter
Hey Bluescaster,
sorry to hear about your dad... my best wishes to you!
there is nothing opposing you posting the song on wikiloops, just make that a "sequencer" contribution if you are sharing the finished song with all kinds of instruments mixed.
You may either share the wikiloops track you created on facebook, but if you want people on FB to be able to listen to right away, you might as well upload the audio to FB, too - I am assuming the music has all been recorded by you, if there is tracks from wikiloops used in the mix, please dont post the file to FB, thats would not be covered by the wikiloops public license.

I hope this helps you a little, all the best

Dick
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #3
Dick wrote:
Hey Bluescaster,
sorry to hear about your dad... my best wishes to you!
there is nothing opposing you posting the song on wikiloops, just make that a "sequencer" contribution if you are sharing the finished song with all kinds of instruments mixed.
You may either share the wikiloops track you created on facebook, but if you want people on FB to be able to listen to right away, you might as well upload the audio to FB, too - I am assuming the music has all been recorded by you, if there is tracks from wikiloops used in the mix, please dont post the file to FB, thats would not be covered by the wikiloops public license.

I hope this helps you a little, all the best

Dick

Thanks for the information Dick. (I enjoy all your playing by the way). Thanks also for the comments about my dad.

I'm curious though... I wasn't aware that music could be shared directly on facebook. I'll have to look into that.

Thanks again.
"The good news is I'm already too old to die young" :D
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
frankiejazz from Italy

"A fantastic site where you can share your musical ideas and developing new ones!"

wikiloops.com uses Cookies to provide you the best possible browsing experience.
Read more in our data privacy policy.