Home »Forum»Hey there...»Saying Hi a little late...

Saying Hi a little late...

posted on #1
User Avatar Member
I've been on the site for a couple of months now but never really checked out the forum. Thought I would post a hello!

Started playing bass close to 30 years ago, back when I was in high school (can't believe it's been that long). Played some jazz, blues and a lot of rock. After graduating, the band I was in split up and we all went our separate ways. I moved to a new city and didn't really try to connect with any musicians so I didn't play much.

Fast forward about 20 years and I started to get the itch to play more regularly. My wife and I decided to change churches and, during the second Sunday we attended, the worship band played with out a bass player. I offered to help and have been playing with the church band for past 4 years.

I stumbled on wikiloops looking for backing tracks to supplement my practicing (what little I do :)). It's a great way to collaborate with other musicians, try out different styles and experiment with different sounds. There is a lot of really good music and excellent musicians on here.
posted on #2
welcome onboard !! i think you found some way ;)
cheers !
clusters Clusters CLUSTERS !!!!!!
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
anonymous

"Wikiloops is making it so much fun to learn to play the bass. Books and Youtube are good, but Wikiloops is great, especially with the chord help, and chatting with helpful members!"

Please note: As you are visiting wikiloops, any personal data that is being processed is treated in compliance to the European General Data Protection Regulation.
You may review our data privacy policy to learn how and why we are using Cookies and other techniques as we are providing our service to you.