Home »Forum»Hey there...»Hi from jmrukkers

Hi from jmrukkers

posted on #1
Supporter
Dear WikiLooooopers

Introductions are in order I understand - so here goes. My name is Joe, I was born in Holland, and have been living in Switzerland now for some 23 years. I started my musical career with the recorder when I was 6 years old - all part of the initial suffering one has to go through if one wants to be a musician :-) Not much later my parents acquired a piano, and I spent a few years learning the basics. I got interested in the acoustic guitar, and moved on to the electric one shortly after. Played in a band in college, party-stuff, good times.

Things slowed down on the musical front after that, until, a few years ago, I found myself with a bit more time on my hands, and got interested in the saxophone, playing and fixing old ones was a big fascination for me for quite a while. I also got a bit more serious about playing the bass, and I joined '[url=http://www.thecase.ch]The Case[/url]' a few years ago as their regular bass player.

Lately I find myself in a 'Back to the roots' mood, and have become more and more interested in the blues from the 1920s and -30s. This lead to me getting a cigar box guitar recently, and working with its limited but no less powerful palette.

I actually stumbled upon WIkiloops when looking for delta blues drum tracks, well here I am - I think the website is a fantastic treasure trove. There is so much inspiration to be found here, and the 'Just get creative and do it' approach taken here is like a fresh breath of air. Thus, I'd like to express a big 'Thank You' to all of you that make Wikiloops what it is today, and I hope to be able to participate in many a jam here.

Regards - Joe
posted on #2
Supporter
Hi jmrukkers

a day late & i think we already ''crossed paths'' here on Wiki but here it goes just the same : welcome to the WikiTribe, from what you wrote i think you will fit right in & have a merry good time.

regards from down south :)

Nuno
plenty of time to rest when i'm dead...
posted on #3
Supporter
hi and welcome onboard jmrukkers ! enjoy the ride and have lots of fun jamming along ;)
OliV
clusters Clusters CLUSTERS !!!!!!
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
AnneCozean from United States

"I'm delighted to be able to support WikiLoops. It does so much for so many of us by bringing us all together and encouraging us to play nice and support each other. WikiLoops is how the World could be... thank you!"

wikiloops.com uses Cookies to provide you the best possible browsing experience.
Read more in our data privacy policy.