Home »Forum»Open mic at the blue Iguana »Wiki meeting livecast

wiki meeting livecast

posted on #1
Supporter
Hey there :)

Well, so many have asked for it, I had to dig out my pre-wikiloops streaming knowledge to check if there is any way we could do a little broadcast from Urft, for those who couldn't make it :)

The good news is - theres good chances we will be able to set things up, it does depend on the bandwidth we'll have in Urft...and about two and a half thousand other things :)

I have tried some tests using the YouTube live-streaming facilities with weazle checking the sound and picture quality on the other end, and we both felt that was not really good enough in quality, so, instead of going for the great G, we are going for the Open Source solution and use the good old streamerp2p for it.

MOVED: I have added the links and a few screenshots for you, [url=http://www.wikiloops.com/help.php?page_id=70]here[/url] :)
See you on stream :)
Edited by Dick on 21-05-2014 13:22
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #2
Supporter
Ha - i had installed streamer and double clicked on wikiloops but nothing happend...? Made i something wrong?
Tha bass has to be a lil louder...!
posted on #3
Supporter
as soon as the streamer logo on the top is replaced by the wikiloops logo, you are connected to the stream - there should be a message telling you about your connection status displayed below the logo (buffering...)... and the video should open in another window...

can you tune in to any other stations?

posted on #4
Supporter
i finally configured my box so streamer is now gettin through ... curently streaming the video live test + sound ... i'm getting some scratches depending on the mp3 bitrate that is playing ... and also some interruptions but it is working fine as far as i can see :)
good job !!
clusters Clusters CLUSTERS !!!!!!
posted on #5
Supporter
Dick schrieb:
as soon as the streamer logo on the top is replaced by the wikiloops logo, you are connected to the stream - there should be a message telling you about your connection status displayed below the logo (buffering...)... and the video should open in another window...

can you tune in to any other stations?

Yes - Hardwire is working for an example ;)
..... or pirate one
Edited by Basster on 19-05-2014 21:52
posted on #6
Supporter
Aha - now i can hear the stream but as Oliv said - there are lots and lots of scratches and many many interuptions - and no video ;)
posted on #7
Supporter
well, after fumbling around with the encoder settings some time, we could get good audio & halways decent video running... still having a little live dub session right now :) Stream will be up during daytime next few days, check it out once more if you like :)

posted on #8
Supporter
Hi Dick!

It is Tuesday, 20th - 17.00 o`clock. The stream don`t works ;)
posted on #9
Supporter
i'm not surprised, since I was following up a suggestion by neddings and experimenting with other things - dont think the stream was up at that time at all. I'll add a thing telling you if its online right here in the forum, hold on a bit...

posted on #10
Supporter
... just added a little troubleshooting guide [url=http://www.wikiloops.com/help.php?page_id=70]here[/url] :)

please leave me some feedback in the streamer chat if you got it to work, I had some testers who could tune in without any trouble this morning... it would be cool to have this figured out ahead of the wiki meet, so all beta-testing is very welcome :)

posted on #11
Supporter
Yeah buddy - i can see you - mosttimes. The video is in poor quality and the sound isnt quite good and has some interuptions....
posted on #12
Supporter
...kurz zur Erläuterung - der Ton klingt irgendwie metallisch als ob er extrem zusammenkomprimiert wäre und das video läuft - aber es ist ebenfalls in sehr mäßiger Qualität ;)

Aber es läuft schon mal ;)
posted on #13
Supporter
....und was mir schon wieder aufgefallen ist - du musst unbedingt mehr essen!!
posted on #14
Supporter
Yeah buddy - the sound becomes better and better! You`re on the right way!! ;)
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
DonAdriano from Germany

"Wikiloops rocks. I like the idea of wikiloops, and in few days I have a lot of fun and I have met great people and musicians here. Thanks to Wikiloops"

wikiloops.com uses Cookies to provide you the best possible browsing experience.
Read more in our data privacy policy.