Home » Forum » Feedback and Suggestions »
Player WL begins to stutter

Player WL begins to stutter

posted on #1
wim52
Hey

I have a problem with the player in WL
When i want to listen to a track it plays OK, but after a few switches between several instruments i want to hear or other tracks, the sound begins to stutter after the +/_ 5 th time and with every new track it becoms worse and worse.
Does anyone have the same trouble?
posted on #2
Dick Supporter
hey wim, thanks for getting in touch.
Please let me know where exactly this happens: when listening on your profile /newsfeed, or when listening to tracks in the "one page per track"-jamview.
Sounds to me as if the tracks you just quickly opened are being downloaded completely in the background and thus clogging up your bandwith - opening five tracks with +5MB each = 25MB download - that might cause it. Usually, all downloads are abortet once you leave a page, but this may vary depending on the browser and device you are using.
Please give me those details, and I'll see if I can do anything to ease that up. You might want to do the same on youtube (opening many videos in a short time) and see if the behavior is similar there.
I'd expect the effect to wear off after all downloads are finished - waiting a little should do that.

thanks for all info,
Harley Benton TE-52 NA Vintage Series
Harley Benton TE-52 NA Vintage Series
Electric Guitar
159 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
wim52
Hey Dick, thanks for your quick reply!

it appears on every track in WL. 4 to 5 times it goes well with no stutter, but when i open a new one it starts stuttering and it's not going to stutter while playing, it's only happens when i start a new track.

I can play the same track over and over again without stutter.

on youtube i tried to let it stutter by opening several films, but it didn't stutter. only when i'm on WL and it begins to stutter and i'm opening a new page on youtube, it also stutters there as well.

The only thing i can do is ending internet and then re-open it
posted on #4
wim52
Edit:

I just found out it only happens in the jamtracks,where you can click in the instruments and so.

On my profile/newspage it doesn't appear
posted on #5
Dick Supporter
i will see if i can re-create what you are experiencing.
I'm not surprised tracks play smoothly once you have listened to them - they get stored in your local cache, so they are not downloaded again anytime a track repeats.

Stuttering will happen when the player needs more data per second than your web connection can serve - it will download a part of the mp3, play it and download the second part.
If its finished with the first bit before the second one is ready, it will "stutter" and wait for the second bit to finish. You should be able to see how far the file is downloaded by the color of the player bar, too -
I'd still like to know what operating system (win / iOS / iPAD / android) and what browser you are using :)
posted on #6
wim52
You mean the lightblue color? well thats a splitsecond with 90Mb speed so i don't think thats it.

My comp is running XP 2Gig RAM and Firefox (same trouble with Chrome0

edit: it's also on my profile/newspage again when i skip tracks.
posted on #7
Dick Supporter
hmmm. I have tried myself, using firefox latest version, skipping tracks after about 6-7 seconds of one track playing (that seemed a realistic scenario when listening into jams) and did not run into any trouble... I will do some more tests in the course of the next few days, lets see if more people have this issue too before jumping the gun too quickly.

Thanks for the hint, I'll keep an eye on this.
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
Many thanks for creating this amazing site,its every jammers dream,so many great musicians to record with. Thanks again.
petebass from England

wikiloops uses Cookies and processes data in compliance with the GDPR,
as stated in our data privacy policy.