Home »Forum»Feedback and Suggestions»E-Mail Notifications on comments and Replies

E-Mail Notifications on comments and Replies

posted on #1
Supporter
Possible? Thought I'd ask:|

Mark
posted on #2
Supporter
that sounds good, Mark - I miss a lot of comments!
posted on #3
Supporter
well, we actually have notifications on comments left by others on your own tracks (you can enable/disable that when uploading or make general settings on your profile settings tab), but not on comment replys to comments left by you or any kind of comment like action so far.
Its not that big of an issue to implement, it gets a little complicated the moment you try to group these notifications (otherwise, you get a loooot of single emails, which is pretty spammy) - so, setting up a one-mail-per-hour-max system that will only inform you if you are not currently online and be able to tell you how many comments are new is the challenging part...
I will see what I can do, it will take time tho...
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #4
Supporter
Thanks Dick for looking into it!:)

Mark
posted on #5
Supporter
Thanks for an eye to this topic, Dick.
Edited by AnneCozean on 08-07-2014 05:28
posted on #6
Supporter
Dick - a member mentioned to me that after two remixes, no more notifications are sent out that a new musician has joined the jam. Is that how it works? Just checking - LOVE this site!
posted on #7
Supporter
Dear Anne - no, that is a misperception, you will keep getting notified now matter how many times someone posts a remix, and regarless on how many remix-levels he or she is "above" your own remix.

posted on #8
Supporter
Thank you for clarifying, Dick. Must I be the originator of the session? Because I am, indeed, missing many notifications that subsequent mixes have been posted. Maybe a loose wire between Germany and California? 8)
posted on #9
Supporter
Like I said, the notifications will be sent no matter wether you are "the originator" (->mix position 0) or a later contributer to a jam.
It does require you to have checked the "notify me on remixes" option when uploading, tho. That is enabled by default, but maybe you disabled it on some tracks?
You may visit your profile and look for "email notifications" in the last tab ("gears"-icon), please make sure to set email notifications on "fully enabled" if it says that you currently haved "mixed settings" (which again would indicate you have disabled the notifications on some tracks).

hope this helps, let me know :)

posted on #10
Supporter
thanks for fixing us up, Dick - you rock!
posted on #11
Supporter
errrrrr, just found one of my ENABLE NOTIFICATION buttons not checked.
bimbo operator error!
now we resume our well notified and regularly scheduled program.....
Edited by AnneCozean on 20-09-2014 00:12
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
akethesnaker from Sweden

"Perfect place to develop yourself musically"

wikiloops.com uses Cookies to provide you the best possible browsing experience.
Read more in our data privacy policy.