Home »Forum»Feedback and Suggestions»And yes, I also want to "please the coder" :)

And yes, I also want to "please the coder" :)

posted on #1
Supporter
Some sort of volume auto-level would be nice for those who listen to wikiloop playlists instead of the radio :).

And I want to say a big *thank you* guys for giving me the opportunity to play some notes with the biggest, greatest, smartest band ever on Earth :))
posted on #2
And I want to say a big *thank you* guys for giving me the opportunity to play some notes with the biggest, greatest, smartest band ever on Earth :))

You do not know how right you are.
This is the greatest scene with the friendliest musicians.
Once in a life span is dying. I hope not because there is no beer.
posted on #3
Supporter
I agree with you, guys :)
Rockin´ in a free world !
posted on #4
Supporter
here is a bimbo question: WHERE is the WikiRadio?
posted on #5
@Ann,Go to top of any page, use the "SEARCH" drop down then "Playlists & Radio" pick a play list(or add your own)and the Radio Player plays them all:)
Edited by ToadCruncher on 12-08-2014 03:53
posted on #6
Supporter
well i'll be switched! how cool is that? big thanks, Todd - what else don't i know?
8)

thank you!
posted on #7
Supporter
@stefano - the auto-levelling thing would indeed be a nice feature, but -same as showing waveforms- that would require to be able to analyse the uploaded audio on the server. As this is very ressource-intensive (think of your own PC when rendering a remix...), it would require a very costly server upgrade (talk about extra 2k/year) to be able to do that. I'd love to, but need funds to be able to approach that.

@all - thanks for the pleasing :)

@anne - yes, i imagine there might be some more things you do not know yet :P
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #8
Supporter
i know nothing, and it's getting worse....
:P
posted on #9
@Dick I think it should be not more cost in the Server but solutions are on the way without that - I think we have to wait but webplayers have this options.. see on spotify -
[url=https://news.spotify.com/us/2009/02/05/volume-normalization-now-optional-in-spotify/] volume-normalization-now-optional-in-spotify[/url]
in future is that a thing without server ballast, scripts will do that ;) hope so..
posted on #10
Supporter
Hey Fresh,
I have had a look at the spotify announcement - seriously, only because they let you choose wether you want the normalized track or the non-normalized track, there is no real information about how its done. However, I have had another look around and finally managed to find a client side waveform generation tool for JS, so you are on the right path with your thoughts.
Problem is: all those scripts can only start to analyze/modify the track after it has been completely downloaded, which is definetly a no-go option on the loops. So, I am currently looking into ways to hack that, with a little progress already ... you'll see sometime soon ;)
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #11
Supporter
i am not really sure i would want that option to be turned on in my browser ... i understand some users might find it useful though !
clusters Clusters CLUSTERS !!!!!!
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
Jeebsie from Australia

"I don't listen to the radio much anymore the best music is on Wikiloops! The people are what make it great! "

wikiloops.com uses Cookies to provide you the best possible browsing experience.
Read more in our data privacy policy.