Home »Forum»Feedback and Suggestions»And yes, I also want to "please the coder" :)

And yes, I also want to "please the coder" :)

posted on #1
User Avatar Member
Some sort of volume auto-level would be nice for those who listen to wikiloop playlists instead of the radio :).

And I want to say a big *thank you* guys for giving me the opportunity to play some notes with the biggest, greatest, smartest band ever on Earth :))
posted on #2
User Avatar Member
And I want to say a big *thank you* guys for giving me the opportunity to play some notes with the biggest, greatest, smartest band ever on Earth :))

You do not know how right you are.
This is the greatest scene with the friendliest musicians.
Once in a life span is dying. I hope not because there is no beer. RIP Malcolm Young!
posted on #3
User Avatar Supporter
I agree with you, guys :)
RockinĀ“ in a free world !
posted on #4
User Avatar Supporter
here is a bimbo question: WHERE is the WikiRadio?
posted on #5
User Avatar Member
@Ann,Go to top of any page, use the "SEARCH" drop down then "Playlists & Radio" pick a play list(or add your own)and the Radio Player plays them all:)
Edited by ToadCruncher on August 12 2014 03:53
posted on #6
User Avatar Supporter
well i'll be switched! how cool is that? big thanks, Todd - what else don't i know?
8)

thank you!
posted on #7
Founder
@stefano - the auto-levelling thing would indeed be a nice feature, but -same as showing waveforms- that would require to be able to analyse the uploaded audio on the server. As this is very ressource-intensive (think of your own PC when rendering a remix...), it would require a very costly server upgrade (talk about extra 2k/year) to be able to do that. I'd love to, but need funds to be able to approach that.

@all - thanks for the pleasing :)

@anne - yes, i imagine there might be some more things you do not know yet :P
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #8
User Avatar Supporter
i know nothing, and it's getting worse....
:P
posted on #9
User Avatar Member
@Dick I think it should be not more cost in the Server but solutions are on the way without that - I think we have to wait but webplayers have this options.. see on spotify -
[url=https://news.spotify.com/us/2009/02/05/volume-normalization-now-optional-in-spotify/] volume-normalization-now-optional-in-spotify[/url]
in future is that a thing without server ballast, scripts will do that ;) hope so..
posted on #10
Founder
Hey Fresh,
I have had a look at the spotify announcement - seriously, only because they let you choose wether you want the normalized track or the non-normalized track, there is no real information about how its done. However, I have had another look around and finally managed to find a client side waveform generation tool for JS, so you are on the right path with your thoughts.
Problem is: all those scripts can only start to analyze/modify the track after it has been completely downloaded, which is definetly a no-go option on the loops. So, I am currently looking into ways to hack that, with a little progress already ... you'll see sometime soon ;)
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #11
i am not really sure i would want that option to be turned on in my browser ... i understand some users might find it useful though !
clusters Clusters CLUSTERS !!!!!!
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
Mmarc from France

"Long life to wikiloops"

Please note: As you are visiting wikiloops, any personal data that is being processed is treated in compliance to the European General Data Protection Regulation.
You may review our data privacy policy to learn how and why we are using Cookies and other techniques as we are providing our service to you.