Home »Forum»Feedback and Suggestions»RSS-feeding new tracks? iTunes? How does that sound

RSS-feeding new tracks? iTunes? How does that sound

posted on #1
Supporter
Hey there,

I had a little read on how to set up RSS-audio-feeds, which can be subscribed to, either via iTunes or other players.
I could basicly publish a weekly "tracks of the week" overview podcast, or do seperate feeds for different interest groups (maybe a bit similar to the "top 100" radio streams on wikiloops, just to download on your player).

I'd love to get some feedback if any of you are using such audio-feeds, I must admit I don't, so it would be nice to get some feedback if that sounds like a good idea :)

Clarification: The audio files themselfs will still be hosted on wikiloops.com, and the music use rights will not be changed by such a thing, we might just use the iTunes podcasts-list as a kind of wiki-advertising/hello-there place, no payments involved.
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #2
Supporter
not using iTunes myself ...
clusters Clusters CLUSTERS !!!!!!
posted on #3
Just read this, I would definitely like to have some kind of top 100 podcast and would use it! It would also be cool to have a rss podcast on my recent notifications. E.g. when someone I subscribed to posts a new song, someone comments on me, etc...
Not using iTunes though, so it should be rss or some other standardized format.
posted on #4
That sounds cool I haven't used itunes either. But if interested I have a friend that does a radio show on Friday nights. internet radio. I had asked him if he would be interested in helping with something like this he would.
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
titi from France

"Share simply! Wikiloops is a virgin place of all which pollutes our existence... Just the music, the sharing and the tolerance! A peace example !"

wikiloops.com uses Cookies to provide you the best possible browsing experience.
Read more in our data privacy policy.