Home »Forum»Open mic at the Blue Iguana »Finding songs to play on

Finding songs to play on

posted on #1
User Avatar Member
I'm having a hard time finding new stuff people upload that doesn't have any remixes yet. It seems when i sort for music without keys for instance then click sort by date almost everything has alot of remixes. How do I see stuff people just put up without remixes? Surely im doing it all wrong. Thanks all
posted on #2
Founder
hey :)
the search engine will preferredly show you tracks with remixes - assuming a track which has remixes must be somewhat good ;)

You can switch this by selecting "order by date" on the search engine, you will see the most recent tracks matching your search then.
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #3
User Avatar Member
I guess I'm looking for new songs without a remix and haven't been able to do that. I know when people post new stuff sometimes it takes a while for people to add a remix so I'd like to help people out that haven't had many remixes on their stuff because they dont have many friends yet. Thanks alot Dick!
posted on #4
Founder
you might also want to have a look at the extended member-search options,
it is really easy to spot new members with just a few tracks up that way.

Go to SEARCH -> Browse by Musicians, Titles & Tags -> Browse members by Instrument & Country

and select "show new members" - optionally those who play a certain instrument ;)
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #5
User Avatar Supporter
scrawfrd02 wrote:
I guess I'm looking for new songs without a remix and haven't been able to do that. I know when people post new stuff sometimes it takes a while for people to add a remix so I'd like to help people out that haven't had many remixes on their stuff....

:)
You are the Robin Hood of WikiLoops.... Don't get me wrong..... It's good you think like this.....

You can always join a track that has already some remixes, just join in at the moment in the tree that you like....
But I think you already now how to do that!

Cheerzzzz.
:)
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
abyssinal from United States

"I support wikiloops because it's a great way for musicians around the world to share ideas and not have their egos kill each other. Thanks."

Please note: As you are visiting wikiloops, any personal data that is being processed is treated in compliance to the European General Data Protection Regulation.
You may review our data privacy policy to learn how and why we are using Cookies and other techniques as we are providing our service to you.