Home »Forum»Hey there...»I've been here just over a week...

I've been here just over a week...

posted on #1
User Avatar Supporter
And God knows why I didn't know about the place sooner. I love jamming - I attend a 'jam' every fortnight where I'm one of the 'house' band - I don't know what I'm playing from one week to the next. Someone says they want a backing and we just get on with it. Love it.

And WikiLoops is no different. I like to think I've got stuck in already and will be paying my dues in terms of paid-up subscription once I get another job! It will happen. I already feel I'm abusing the facilities - I want to pay my way!

But the quality of musicianship of the people I've already met in such a short space of time is incredible and I've been very fortunate to partake in some fantastic tunes. And I love the fact it's with people from all over the world. What I love most, though, is the iterations tunes can take on. To me, it's an education hearing how, for example and in my case, three other drummers approach a tune I've had a go at. It's not a competition, but an education to me. They always come up with stuff I wish I'd thought of. Buggers.

There's no purpose to this post, just that I have a new addiction! I don't want a new job as it'll take away for my current ability to just rattle stuff out for this place. Of course, personal economics dictates otherwise! I need a lottery win!

What an amazing place.
Edited by mpointon on March 05 2015 05:32
posted on #2
Welcome, and enjoy the 'loops!
posted on #3
User Avatar Member
Welcome happy jamming
posted on #4
Founder
Hey mpointon,
we've had the pleasure before, so let me skip another welcome :)
Really liked how you summed up some of the fun aspects of this site, and it reads to me as if you were taking the right approach to having a lot of fun around here -
just as you put it - if you can steer clear of any competition thinking and see wikiloops as a source of inspiring approaches, you are bound to have a lot of fun, and you'll improve your skills as you go and notice things other people do which worked - and that seems to be true for pretty much any skill level.
Most importantly, have fun!
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
Chuck Stew from Germany

"I´m not a very good guitarist but this site is awesome. Will keep on supporting :-) Greetings from Germany :-)"

Please note: As you are visiting wikiloops, any personal data that is being processed is treated in compliance to the European General Data Protection Regulation.
You may review our data privacy policy to learn how and why we are using Cookies and other techniques as we are providing our service to you.