country flags

posted on #1
User Avatar Member
I think it would be good to see little flag icons next to the persons name inside the mixing tree. Just to be able to get a feel right away of the collaboration distance.
posted on #2
Founder
hey :)
I understand what you are saying... when looking at a fully developed remix tree (I always recommend looking at the tree of track #816), you'll notice that I used up pretty much any pixel available to display the six remix levels, so adding the flags would definetly increase the size of the tree and require a complete layout workabout - I'm not sure the "overview" character would not be lost by adding more info in the tree.
I'm not all convinced that would be a necessary thing to have - I have to admit I seldom listen to track because it was recorded in a certain country, too ;)
Of course the impression is different on smaller trees. Will keep it in the back of my head, no promises right now tho.
I admit it is sub-optimal not to be able to check user locations when listening on profiles, on the big jam-pages, the wanted info is just a click on the "musicians" tab away :)
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
dyskokyd

"Backing tracks makes practicing guitar fun. Wikiloops makes it easy."

Please note: As you are visiting wikiloops, any personal data that is being processed is treated in compliance to the European General Data Protection Regulation.
You may review our data privacy policy to learn how and why we are using Cookies and other techniques as we are providing our service to you.