Brenell 2 Track Mk5

posted on #1
Picture of my Vintage Brenell Mk5 2 track tape recorder!:)
incivanpico attached the following image:

posted on #2
Supporter
yeah mate!!! that does look awesome!
what kind of tape is used on this one? a phat 1 inch? :D
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #3
Cool stuff. So you will record some wikiloops tracks on that ;-)
It´s nice to be important, but it´s more important to be nice.
posted on #4
Yeah! I sure will, but its gonna take Time before I get the chance to use it for any recording on the Wikiloops! ;)
posted on #5
That is a true recording Gem nice equipment
posted on #6
Thanks Rick! :)The Beatles used this a lot I've read on google. Just need some 7" reels and I'll get a better idea on how well she functions. Guy who I got it from said he's played tapes on her and audio worked...but it might need a service. ;)
posted on #7
I had started to collect vintage equipment but as time went on I had no room for all of it and had to let it go.:( But it is nice to see someone out there still keeps the older vintage stuff alive. Its the roots to all the great music we have come to love.
posted on #8
Yeah! Thanks Rick :) I once read Les Paul himself spent many an hour mucking about on these Old tape machines. I understand they are great for echo and loop effects, but I see Slash and Metallica use Analog Tape a lot!...that was my initial reason for buying this piece of kit. Will be interesting once it's hooked up to my current system just to see what is possible with this studio addition! :)
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
HiFiFlutes from United States

"Wikiloops is my music instructor ! The musicians I have met here are extremely talented and wanting to be helpful.. always with a smile :) Thanks !!"

wikiloops.com uses Cookies to provide you the best possible browsing experience.
Read more in our data privacy policy.