Home »Forum»Hey there...»How did you find wikiloops?

How did you find wikiloops?

posted on #1
Supporter
You how to find a wikiloops and remember your first jam session?

In my case.

I was looking for some loop sounds. "Loop" was a search word. I didn't join the jam session but was soon registered. Because I didn't notice a place of jam session that of wikiloops. To know that there is no "loop" and I was left here. I have registered 2013 but first jam session is spring of 2014. :D
Now I'm not doing music if I couldn't find wikiloops

[url=http://www.wikiloops.com/backingtrack-jam-17581.php]Song that I played first in wikiloops.[/url]
Edited by Keiton on 05-06-2015 15:19
posted on #2
Supporter
I discovered this site by a post in a french guitar forum. i've followed the link and ;-) !
posted on #3
I did internet search for backing tracks
posted on #4
Supporter
@Sophie

A member of wikiloops wrote about wikiloops in French guitarist forum?
It was nice thing for you :)
posted on #5
Supporter
@Rickplayer

Did you were looking for backing Tracks without bass?
Then did you no longer need to look for backing Tracks?
posted on #6
Hey Keiichrio
I did stop looking for backing tracks once I found wikiloops I didn't see the need to look any farther because everything is right here.I was looking for all type of backing tracks. Jam on my friend
posted on #7
Supporter
Rick

I know well what you say. I agree with you.
All of things can be found here. I took part in the 189 songs in a year. You more many. Soon as response comes. It is to so excited :)
posted on #8
Supporter
As a frustrated Bass Player without people to jam with, I did a Google search for backing tracks and backing tracks without bass.

I play bass on a few jams but I rather sing and write lyrics...I get more pleasure out of it. I still jam with my bass but mostly for me.(I play bass, I am not a bass player...LOL) I do not post much with the bass.

I have been singing for a while away from Wikiloops and always enjoyed it. When I found out that I could sing on Wikiloops I gave it a shot and joined a jam. I LOVE IT!! This site is the best! Hands down...so much talent, and to be a part of it is awesome.

Thanks to Dick and all the members.
posted on #9
Supporter
Hey Keiichiro,

Yes I was lucky for discovering this site ;-) and many thanks to the guy who wrote the post (I don't remember if he was a member of wikiloops).
Beside it, I've also found a backing track site
So I use alternatively the 2 means with a preference for wikiloops ;-)
posted on #10
Supporter
@glennp

Thank you for writing.

You also seems to have been looking for a backing tracks without bass. You're the same as Rick. Do Although I didn't know because I'm not a bassist is there backing Tracks of the without bass? You are one of the leading vocalist in wikiloops. I like your voice like country singer. So, achievement of Dick deserves a Grammy. Future, I'm looking forward to the day when songs that musicians of wikiloops was build up in collaboration is ranked in the Billboard chart :D
posted on #11
Supporter
@sophie

You were lucky, because found here.

I know that Roland and Yamaha has an online session. Realtime session in the case of Yamaha. Latency it's less to surprise but there is no recording function. And they are limited to Japan. wikiloops is the world scale. Dick would have still great ideas and will be realized :)
posted on #12
:)
Edited by sachikomili on 27-03-2015 03:50
posted on #13
Supporter
@Sachikomili

You also should listen other musicians. Because there are a lot of wonderful musicians here. Not listen to that you have a loss :D
Edited by Keiton on 27-03-2015 02:52
posted on #14
i know of wikiloops for keiichiro, im enjoying of listen music of all members, really here have great musicians!! i dont have luck of be good with music, but i enjoy much :):)
posted on #15
Supporter
That I have regret when I registered to wikiloops.
I should be easy to understand more my name :o
posted on #16
Supporter
Hi Keiichiro, if you want to have your user id changed I think Dick could do that without much problems, just drop him an email.

- Joe
posted on #17
I was just learning the Harmonica in 2010 and searched endless web sites to find real people to jam with and share backing tracks mostly on YT.
Then I just stumbled across wikiloops. After joining and the first successful upload I was hooked and Never left.
Edited by ToadCruncher on 23-04-2015 00:38
Livin The Dream:D
posted on #18
Supporter
For me, it's the same as others above: was looking for backing tracks without drums to practice with. Instead found a whole world of brilliant music which I could genuinely take part in - all I ever crave. I've been here roughly two months and I'm obsessed. The value of this place I cannot measure. For me it's my practice and it's my gig. Every day I have no idea what I'm going to be playing - that keeps me fresh and on my toes, far more than just working through practice routines. To then upload it for the world to hear, it means I have to do it well.

I love gigging. I love jamming and improvising. I also like to learn more about recording techniques. WikiLoops gives me all of this. Whilst it cannot touch the feeling of a live gig, it really is the next best thing, but I get to play with musicians from all over the world representing all styles and all abilities; people I learn from, people who learn from me. Just brilliant.
posted on #19
Supporter
I have played in a lot of bands since the age of 13/14.... So music was always a very important thingie for me.... Flow in life....

Last year I got interested in recording some keys with a DAW and did some on my own. Made some recordings with my own band ... Very cool thing to do!
But I wanted to do some more.... Bit quicker so I searched the internet for other musicians who had the same ideas... I found www.homerecording.be and set something up with a dropbox.... There were a few musicians but it didn't work very fast....than there was someone on that forum that pointed to WikiLoops! Say no more.....it turned out to be the best place for musicians who are recording at home.....

My skills are improving by the quantity of playing I do with the help of WikiLoops , and thats really cool for playing live with my band. That is a really cool thing to do also!

Very happy with WikiLoops! It has given me a lot of good music and learning different styles!

Cheerzzzz

Marc
posted on #20
I Googled for Drum backing tracks and came across Wikiloops.com....man! what a find eh?:D. I like a lot of people only had their drum machine to create stuff with, and that was getting very irritating for me!:). But my 1st impression when I heard Dafunkydrummer playing was Waaaaaah! here we Goooo! this is it!!!:D. I'm not the same Guitarist now! as I was before I joined da loops!, this place with all the diverse talent is like no other!. I have learned so so much here from other loopers....and the way its run! is amazing....big respect ta Dick,OLiV,Shi! and all the other guys who make this place Tick!....best music/social site period!;)

Cheerz!
Pico ;)
Edited by incivanpico on 23-04-2015 15:21
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
Jeebsie from Australia

"I don't listen to the radio much anymore the best music is on Wikiloops! The people are what make it great! "

wikiloops.com uses Cookies to provide you the best possible browsing experience.
Read more in our data privacy policy.