wikiloops »Forum»Recording and mixing»The secrets how to do BAD recordings

The secrets how to do BAD recordings

posted on #1
(Cancelled topic). Sorry, it is a secret again...
Edited by Neronick on 26-07-2015 07:32
Was born in an analog world.
posted on #2
lol...ahhh the secret.....is still a secret B)
Zap
posted on #3
Maybe it has something to do with [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e7b2RoolQY] this[/url]
Edited by nilton on 21-04-2016 08:52
Pure fingerstyle
posted on #4
Supporter
LOL, Nilton. Although he misses off the important point of paying no attention to the musicians around you!
posted on #5
Awake!
Sometimes I run in an old, known trap. Spent hours and failed with the recording.
Why?
I haven't used the most important recording rule:
"Garbage in - Garbage out".

Ok. I learned a lot yesterday. It is sometimes helpfull to record garbage. No one would know if I don't talk about it.

I will pin a little reminder next to my console. "Garbage in - garbage out. Save your life time"
Edited by Neronick on 11-12-2016 12:53
Was born in an analog world.
posted on #6
Supporter
Does garbage know it's garbage, that is the question ;)

Anyway, I still remember the original post here, and I also remember how happy I was to see that you deleted it... some things are better left unsaid, and if you must say them, it is better to shout them into a pillow or, maybe, write it on a little note and stick it to your console :)
posted on #7
Reminds me of the old Hollywood saying 'polishing turds' ....Ive wasted many hours polishing garbage only to realise eventually the error of my ways..the downfall of working on one's own me thinks!
posted on #8
Tu wrote:
Reminds me of the old Hollywood saying 'polishing turds' ....Ive wasted many hours polishing garbage only to realise eventually the error of my ways..the downfall of working on one's own me thinks!

That was no waste.. You realized something and you honed your skills, that is never a waste
Pure fingerstyle
posted on #9
So very true! It reminds me of my own philopshy about getting lost when driving...I always consider that you are only 'increasing your geographically knowlegde' ..same principal I guess
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
Drumshticks from United States

"Supporting Wikiloops , allows musicians to jam with others sharpening their skills with exposure to many different genres.Providing social network. "

wikiloops.com uses Cookies to provide you the best possible browsing experience.
Read more in our data privacy policy.