Random Jam?

posted on #1
It's just an idea i suggest...

What about a little feature to go to a random jam? It could help old jam to get a remix. Many of us like to jam with anything so perhaps it could be nice to have a random jam option? In the search menu.

Otherwise most of the time it's recent jam that get a remix or most popular if we search with the search function.

I don't know if it's hard to make, but it could be a nice add-on.

Cheers,

-Rick
posted on #2
Supporter
hey Rick! thanks for adding a thought :)

I'm thinking to add a featured jam to the front page, if absolute random is good I'm not sure, but something alike. I need to get a little more movement into the three best rated's shown there, too...
not that funkydrummer didnt deserve the 39 up, but his prominent spot there will have helped too ;)
If you'd like to dig deeper within the search results, use style and instrument filters and flip to following pages.
If you like harsh random changes, use the arrow-buttons next to the audio player here and there until I got the random thing done (might be some time, busy me!)

greetings
Dick
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #3
Indeed search option is really nice ! Putting every jam in different category of style and instrument is brillant ! But again, it will only show most recent jam of this style nor instrument...

The featured jam on the front is a good idea ! Perhaps a Jam of the day? Or something like that... ! The main point of random jam is mostly to altern and bring back to life some old jam.

Thanks for the fast reply !

Cheers,

-Rick
posted on #4
Supporter
oh no, in this case I have to delete my first few ugly uplouds:|
posted on #5
mandolodda wrote:
oh no, in this case I have to delete my first few ugly uplouds:|

Haha those around 310? That's the first jam ever? I've listen to a few of thems .
Nice playing !

Cheers,

-Rick
posted on #6
Supporter
OH, shit you have found it:-)

nice playing if you found baers one
posted on #7
Supporter
proud to announce: ticket closed, random jam is featured on the homepage now :)

right now, it changes every five minutes, tell me if longer would be better... what do you think?

posted on #8
Supporter
GOOD idea !
So many good stuff was in danger to get lost.
But I think only 5 minutes is too short. Should be longer to let many people stumble over the same track to get it perhaps back to life. Why not one track a day - or every 12 hours? And with a rule, like: all older tracks from 1500 down and with at least 3 thumbs?
posted on #9
Awesome ! I didn't figured it out like this but this is great ! Good job sir ! Really like to hear a lot of random jam !

Cheers,

-Rick
posted on #10
Supporter
@ lutz:
I'll change it to 24hours for a few days, maybe going to add a link to see other random tracks later... you were right, if you dont know how to browse by session id on your first visit, it would suck if the feature changed too quick...

concerning the selection by thumbs, I think its better not to, for not all great jams do have many thumbs... even MrTighttimes rattles deserve a feature every now and then, otherwise, no one would ever discover them.

My personal impression was that I was mostly proud of the featured sessions, of course not everything is totally great, but you can hear someone trying his/her best every time, and I liked that. Thanks for being such a nice bunch people :)

posted on #11
Supporter
5 minutes is not so bad, because it make 288 a day , it's need 5 and a half day for all, till now

no thumbs, please. I don't delete my old tracks

but I'm OK with a longer time.
not to long, I like it, to hear the old one's
best regards
lothar
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
carlottis

"Para mi significa, la revelacion de que puedo "hablar" con musicos de todo el mundo en este idioma que todos conocemos LA MUSICA!!! "

wikiloops.com uses Cookies to provide you the best possible browsing experience.
Read more in our data privacy policy.