Playing catch-up !!

posted on #1
User Avatar Supporter
Hi guys

I hope as many people as possible read this post simply because i don't want to offend anyone by changing the ways i've done things since i joined !
To better explain I must begin by stating that i've reached a point where i follow so many people, who upload so much fantastic music that if i want to be able to listen, play, record & upload myself, i can't keep commenting as i've always done - each an individual comment to each template, mix or response !

If i keep doing things this way, it cuts brutally on my playing/recording/uploading time so i will try to start commenting slightly more.. ''generically'' ?.. so it's still clear i payed attention, listened & liked the upload while hopefully cutting back on time i spend doing so.

I apologise but it's just too much music to keep up & i always end up playing catch-up A LOT of the time, specially if i have a couple of busier days - something which during tourist season here will happen more often than the rest of the year.. :(

I hope you understand my reasoning & take no offence for none is meant, on the contrary..

Cheers guys

Nuno
plenty of time to rest when i'm dead...
posted on #2
User Avatar Supporter
I totally understand what you're saying, Nuno. It's getting that way for me. I'm following so many great players that it's almost a full-time job to respond to their uploads and comments. If someone uploads against a template I'm involved in, I consider it rude not to respond or provide feedback, so I do prioritise those as a matter of courtesy. If someone has made the effort to be involved in something I'm involved in, the least I can do is acknowledge their effort.

It is difficult, though. I"d been away from the loops for 36 hours earlier this week and I had over 40 comments and uploads to contend with - it took me an hour just to do that! I hate to seem rude or arrogant to anyone but I inevitably miss stuff. I really try not to.
posted on #3
User Avatar Member
I also understand where you are coming from. i try to keep up with as many tracks as I can but that is impossible to do and play to. I do know by all your comments in the past how you feel about the players on the wiki loops so with that said I myself know if you listen to my tracks just a thumbs up is enough. That alone says how you feel about the tracks. I leave compliments when I can and also have to cut my listening short to have time to play. I would like to comment on tracks that are really good or the ones that I feel could help the artist tune their playing. No offence taken jam on nuno
posted on #4
User Avatar Supporter
Thanks guys, i really appreciate your understanding !
This is too good a site & since we all obviously love music, it naturally makes us gravitate toward it deeper & deeper until…. HELP !!!…LOL...
Edited by nuno1959 on May 25 2015 21:57
posted on #5
User Avatar Supporter
Man, relaxe! There is no need to apologize for not commenting tracks. and it is also not necessary with his instrument to complement each track! My Opinion !! ;)
Rockin´ in a free world !
posted on #6
User Avatar Supporter
i agree with all the comments here.... so relax, my ego can take not being commented on mate!:)
and everyone already knows i love you all...right?
posted on #7
User Avatar Supporter
You guys kill me !! :D
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
MasterK from United States

"I love the sense of community, the pro attitude, and the spawning of ideas, that WORLDWIDE music collaboration brings. Help Wikiloops be here forever."

Please note: As you are visiting wikiloops, any personal data that is being processed is treated in compliance to the European General Data Protection Regulation.
You may review our data privacy policy to learn how and why we are using Cookies and other techniques as we are providing our service to you.