Home »Forum»Open mic at the blue Iguana »A short video of me and my son messing around with guitars the other night.

A short video of me and my son messing around with guitars the other night.

posted on #1
Me and Jeremy Jr.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/go7ra037ltzsx1p/jeremy%20and%20jeremy.mp4?dl=0
posted on #2
King1971 wrote:
Me and Jeremy Jr.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/go7ra037ltzsx1p/jeremy%20and%20jeremy.mp4?dl=0

That was awesome. I enjoyed it. Makes me want to buy my 8 year old daughter a guitar.
posted on #3
Absolutely do it. Start her out early, and she will be really developed as a player by the time she is a teenager and really into her own music. I started my son out at 9 years old. Although he is playing rhythm only on this vid, he is a really proficient lead player also. He is 22 now, and that is the first time he and I sat down together and played since he was about 16. It really meant a lot to me because my dad was a drummer and my brother was a bass player, and both have been passed away for 20 years or more. Every day, I wish I could sit in with them just one time. Thats why the video of this moment is so great to me. Im glad you enjoyed it!
Edited by King1971 on 15-07-2015 20:54
posted on #4
King1971 wrote:
Absolutely do it. Start her out early, and she will be really developed as a player by the time she is a teenager and really into her own music. I started my son out at 9 years old. Although he is playing rhythm only on this vid, he is a really proficient lead player also. He is 22 now, and that is the first time he and I sat down together and played since he was about 16. It really meant a lot to me because my dad was a drummer and my brother was a bass player, and both have been passed away for 20 years or more. Every day, I wish I could sit in with them just one time. Thats why the video of this moment is so great to me. Im glad you enjoyed it!

Great story. Thanks for the info about it! I don't want to pressure her into learning guitar if she isn't interested, know what I mean? I also don't want to make her feel frustrated due to the difficulty.

I will see what I can find for her.
posted on #5
Yeah, I know exactly where you are coming from friend. When he was younger, I let him decide whether or not he wanted to play football. I would never want a child to pursue something unless they really wanted to for them. I wish you the best.
posted on #6
Supporter
Thank you for sharing :)
posted on #7
cool Thanks for sharing
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
anonymous

"I am happy and proud to be a continued supporting member of the loops. This is such a fantastic site.. it's opened up a whole new world to me... literally.. it's awesome collaborating with so many talented people from all across the globe."

wikiloops.com uses Cookies to provide you the best possible browsing experience.
Read more in our data privacy policy.